No announcement yet.

Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm well ok with the Cumberbatch casting. It's better than Obi wan Kenobi. It could have been better, but it's good enough, and well, it's DOCTOR FUCKING STRANGE.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by BMichaelKrol View Post
      It's certainly not the best, but it's also not the worst.

Seriously...have we become so jaded that we're not pumped about a Dr. Strange movie that links in to a family of other big ass superhero movies? Not seven years ago we were stoked to get a decent Iron Man film. And in the time since then we've gotten Thor, Man-Thing, the Avengers, and a fucking amazing Guardians of the Galaxy starring a tree voiced by Vin Diesel which was the emotional center of a James Gunn billion dollar blockbuster. Really guys, let's a appreciate where we're at. Because X-Men 3 wasn't that long ago.

This post brought to you by several potent stout beers...
      X3 is no where near as bad as people say it is.

And I'm only bummed because I was enjoying the prospect of having Hawke, Phoenix, and even McGregor as Strange. I just really dislike Cumberpumpkinpatch.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Dude, come on. McGregor was just a wrong fit for that.

And X3 is shit. Watch it alongside X2 or even First Class, it's garbage.

Comment

• I have, and it's not.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Is it a rushed film? Sure. But it's no where near as bad as nerds want to make it out to be. It's better than the first one by miles.

Comment

• I'll back you up, Rob. It's not great, but it's nowhere near the abomination that others make it out to be.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• thank you sir. IT's really not all that bad. There are some great parts: Golden Gate Bridge scene, Jean Grey house fight, BEAST, etc..

Comment

• X3 had the same clusterfuck shooting schedule as the first two and First Class. It just needed more time to stew.

But better than the first one? I can't follow you there, bud.
                  Originally posted by Ari
                  The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• When was the last time you watched the first movie? I'll give the first one its due for setting up all of the superhero movies that have come since, but holy shit is that movie terrible.

Comment

• the pacing is SLOW AS FUCK.

Comment

• The first is definitely the most... superhero-y of the series and not in a good way (one listen to the soundtrack, all the character poses and Magneto's big plan). But Singer did a great job setting up the "Them and Us" dynamic of humans and mutants and that opening is still haunting as all Hell.
                        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• I agree with you but I'd still place it below X3 in terms of entertainment.

X1 < X3 < First Class < X2 < Future Past would be my rankings,.

Comment

• Singer is just uncomfortable embracing the superhero in these superhero films given he's made four of them (He approaches them more as sci-fi/fantasy) and I say that as a big fan of his.

Weird how Magneto in Days of Future Past looks the most like an actual superhero and I'd wager money that design came from his unmade Excalibur remake (given how he looks more like a medieval knight).
                            Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• For me:

DoFP>FC>X2>X1>X3, with none of them being 'bad'.
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                                There are some great parts: Golden Gate Bridge scene, Jean Grey house fight, BEAST, etc..
                                Yes.

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                                the pacing is SLOW AS FUCK.
                                While I agree, X1 it doesn't insult my intelligence (which takes a lot by the way).

X3 has some good beats, but some really retarded garbage in it.

Or dumb stuff, like the part with the bridge, when Magneto lifts it on a bright sunny day, and finishes it at night?

Comment

Working...
                                X