Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE MEN OF THE X VARIETY AND OTHER FOX BS (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
    Don't know shit about Deadpool.
    It's not like someone has been breaking down X characters for the last year.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
      It's not like someone has been breaking down X characters for the last year.
      I mean, I know who he is. I know what his gimmick is. But I've never read any books of his and have no attachment to him. That teaser didn't do anything for me to get excited.

Comment

• Never got into Deadpool. It always seemed 'forced funny' to me. If the movie's supposed to be any good, I'll probably see it.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• For me it boils down to two things:

1. Ryan has been wanting to do this character right for years. And now he can, and the suit hasn't been "movie" updated which is awesome.
          2. It's rated R and if they can even come close to the awesomeness of Brian Posehn's run on the book in the movie, then it's going to be a fucking hilariously ultra violent superhero flick.

I just really fucking dig Ryan and am psyched to see this dream project finally take shape.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            For me it boils down to two things:

1. Ryan has been wanting to do this character right for years. And now he can, and the suit hasn't been "movie" updated which is awesome.
            2. It's rated R and if they can even come close to the awesomeness of Brian Posehn's run on the book in the movie, then it's going to be a fucking hilariously ultra violent superhero flick.

I just really fucking dig Ryan and am psyched to see this dream project finally take shape.

Getting the R rating for this was a coup by itself.

That being said, going funny gruesome isn't always the best way to use Deadpool.

Hell, two of his best stories were rather serious while letting him be funny.

Posehn and Duggan's North Korea story from a year or two ago.

and the -1 Flashback issue showing why Wade Wilson elected to join Weapon X.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• I'm just staying cautiously reserved until there is a real trailer to go off of. Tone will be important. I don't really follow comics anymore, but this is a character who attacks people with his own health bar in video games. I'm not sure how far into the 4th wall breaking/meta stuff they're going to take the movie, or how they're going to accomplish that without turning it into a complete cartoon, so for now I am sitting pretty up here on this fence.

Hopefully he doesn't end up as just a super violent dude in a costume who occasionally makes a smart ass remark or winks at the camera. I trust that Reynolds would fight to keep the spirit in tact and the April Fools thing seems to support that.
              Last edited by Trejo; 04-02-2015, 01:52 PM.
              XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• some dude who isn't Ben Foster is playing Angel in Apocalypse.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• He was cast awhile ago, I brought up in one of the rumor reports that I've been slacking off on.

Check your FB page, I just dropped the first pic of Ryan Reynolds in burned skin makeup as Wade Wilson.

There are some Morena Baccarin pics too, but they aren't as impressive.

Comment

• that's who that is? crazy.

Comment

• It doesn't even look like him. Good job, makeup people!

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6GipL8pbRb0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I like it a lot. I need to see it moving, but it looks good. Nice textures.
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Oh shit, Archangel?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                                It explains the script change.

Comment

Working...
                                X