No announcement yet.

Titanfall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was also totally fucked up on pain meds last night for my back. I couldn't believe I pulled off some of the shit I did in my 2 hour stream.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

The other night my team got smoked but I still managed some last minute bad-assery. I made it to the area where the evac ship was going to pick us up, killed one guy, started shooting a second when my rifle ran dry, switched to my pistol and killed him as I jumped into the evac ship and warped out. It was so awesome.

And I think that's what separates this game from COD and other shooters. When you get smoked in those games it just sucks. Here your team can get destroyed but there's still a really good chance you'll have fun or have a personal victory or two.

Comment

Yeah, that's exactly what I said in my little write up on the main site.

Due to the copious amounts of A.I. bots, even if that's all you kill it still feels like you accomplished something.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

That main site write up is bullshit. Fuck a controller? Fuck you! It takes more skill to be able to take fools down with just your thumbs instead of your whole arm.

Next we should talk about how Sega r00lz and Nintendo dr00lz.

Comment

not when you have auto aim on fools. Which is why anyone is able to play a FPS with a controller.

It's a different set of skills but controllers are WACK when it comes to FPS games. Always have been.

Comment

It's also why I never stuck with Call of Duty or the like on the Xbox yet I played competitively in other FPS's for YEARS on the PC.

Comment

I tried playing PC controls once for an hour and could not figure it out. It drove me crazy. Maybe I'm not smart enough to play on a PC.

Comment

Power to people who can OWN on a controller. I just never could.

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                    not when you have auto aim on fools. Which is why anyone is able to play a FPS with a controller.

It's a different set of skills but controllers are WACK when it comes to FPS games. Always have been.
                    Power to people who can OWN on a controller. I just never could.
                    Da'Fuq?
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Anyone is able to jump in with a controller and play due to the settings that developers have to set in regards to auto aim, dead zones, etc. Not everyone can jump right into a FPS on a keyboard and mouse set up due to the layout of the keys, type of mouse/settings ,etc.

I could always play with you guys but I was never good because it was always foreign to me. It's also why I always hated deathmatch on a console. I'd elect for CTF or Control point mode, or whatever because I could get points without having to deal with killing people.

Comment

I'm not saying that one is better than the other (ok I am, for reals, PC controls WILL ALWAYS BE MORE PRECISE and no one can argue that.) but when it comes down to it it's whatever works for you. In my case a PC setup for FPSs will always be better for me. In fact it's why I loved my PS3 because I used to play Unreal Tournament with my bluetooth key/mouse set up and it was fantastic on the big screen. But now it's a moot point since I'm currently gaming on a 35" LCD screen that is like 6 inches from my face with my new pc rig.

Comment

Rob's computer monitor is bigger than the tv I use to play console games.

Comment

it's what happens when your wife buys a cheap lcd for the bedroom from work and then you buy a new living room tv like 6 months later and put the old one in the bedroom.

IT's neat.

It's also beneficial for our BDRcade episodes so Ceej and I can both play and see what the hell we're doing.

Comment

Anyone is able to jump in with a controller and play due to the settings that developers have to set in regards to auto aim, dead zones, etc. Not everyone can jump right into a FPS on a keyboard and mouse set up due to the layout of the keys, type of mouse/settings ,etc.

I could always play with you guys but I was never good because it was always foreign to me. It's also why I always hated deathmatch on a console. I'd elect for CTF or Control point mode, or whatever because I could get points without having to deal with killing people.
                              That's the biggest nugget of truth. Those raised on consoles prefer them, PC peeps prefer them. You can tell me all day that PC controls are more accurate, faster, better whatever and you very well may be correct. But it's so fucking foreign to me that none of that matters.
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

yep, it's all about what works for you.

From an objective standpoint there is no arguing about PC controls being vastly superior than consoles.

There's a reason companies don't tend to have PC gamers and console gamers playing on the same servers. And it boils down to controls.

Comment

Working...
                                X