Splinter Cell: Double Agent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splinter Cell: Double Agent

So this was one of the first games I owned for the 360 and while the single player was a bit rough for me ( I sucked so bad at it), the multiplayer was a fucking blast. And this was when I didn't have any one on my friends list. It's a 3 vs 3 set up with one team as Mercs and one team as spies and you can have bots.

From IGN:
    The online interface is easy to use. You can jump into a Quickmatch, which partners you with a player of similar True-Ranking skills, map options and mode requests. There is Live Zone (a summary of your activities online), Custom Match, Co-op Challenges (with three levels, Onyx, Zircon, and Diamond), and Help Zone. Mercs Vs. Spies comprises about 10 maps in all. The three-on-three versus game (which allows the addition of bots on the Merc team) is playable on Xbox Live and System Link, and doesn't require six to play.

This lone Versus game is a variation of capture the flag: Mercs must protect four terminals from spies, who are trying to retrieve data packets from said terminals. Mercs wield rifles, grenades, and flashlights, and can walk and run. When a spy is nearby, the controller will rumble, indicating some one is in your presence. The greater the rumble, the closer he or she is. Spies, which are unarmed, are lithe jackals of death, zipping through tunnels, air shafts, windows and ducts. Spies can perform stealth attacks, but only when directly behind a Merc and only when using precise timing. There are about 10 maps altogether, though only three are open from the beginning. All levels are riddled with multiple pathways, whether they're ziplines, underground ducts, rooftop vents, what have you. The sheer amount of possibilities in Versus mode puts a smile on my face.
    Once you figure out the layouts, the multiplayer is a fucking blast. I've always wanted to play this with some actual friends and I just noticed that it's going for 12.99 used at my gamestop. Question is, would anyone else rent or buy this to play? It won't be for everyone, and the learning curve is a bit high (but once you figure it out, playing as a spy is the best experience ever)
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

I have the OG xbox version. Will that work?
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

nope. no cross compatibility as far as I know./
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I have the first Splinter Cell for Gamecube!

Actually, this sounds fun. And $13 isn't a bad deal at all.
        Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
        John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Didn't even know there was multiplayer. I'll see what I can find.

Comment

I just picked it up. Gamestop is having buy 2 get 1 on some used games, and this was in there.

Comment

Fuck yes. This game needs to have some of you guys in it. I'm just playing against bots at the moment, but the Boss House level is still fucking awesome once you know the layout. Disabling the lights and breaking windows to lure a merc over, only to drop down and snap the neck is dope.

Comment

You got me with Peggle, so just stop forcing me to buy games, damnit!
                Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

I <3 this game multiplayer. Just finished playin a match with some randoms. I was able to hang outside of a windowsill until a merc showed up, then I grabbed him and pulled him out the window to his death. Fun shit. I still completely suck at single player thought. SUCK.

Comment

Still gonna look for this.

Comment

Added it to gamefly queue. Should have it in a couple days.

Comment

Cool. I'm slowly getting better at single player. It's hard because unlike most games, this game does not hold your hand...AT ALL. So trying to get my brain back in that mode was difficult.

Comment

Yeah. I'm pretty sure I beat it on the OG xbox. Wasn't easy.

Comment

So Ari and I just played for like 2 hours, and it's totally awesome. Wayne already has this game, and Nate is getting it hopefully tomorrow in the mail. We need some more people! It's awesome, I promise. and it's under 20 bucks brand new.

Comment

Twenty dollhairs? And a pretty decent score by critics and fans?

I'm on it. That and getting an unbreakable bass pedal. Gonna do the Endless Setlist tomorrow. Again.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                              X