• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah it does.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

I just want my X'ed Out vol. 2.

And knowing Burns, it's going to be a while.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Man, Reed Richards is an asshole.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Didn't fully read Civil War, save for the occasional issue in my friends' shop, but he wasn't the only one. Stark was a bit of a prick, too. Had me scratching my head where all the assholery was coming from as there were no hints prior to this event from any of the characters in their respective books.

Comment

Shit was epic in the lulz department. Fuck Tony Stark.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Yeah, Stark came off as a bit of a weenie, huh? Guess he and Richards had to, otherwise the story wasn't going to work, which took me out of the whole thing. Were the characters faithful to their histories and personalities, Stark would've have talked things out with Capt. America before the shit hit the fan.

I originally thought Stark, Richards, etc. were Skrulls when this event started, but I'd discovered I was off by an event or two.

Comment

Also, fuck Captain America for starting shit with The Punisher. Dude was just keeping shit real.

Comment

Eh, different approaches to fighting crime, etc. That's why I really wish they'd keep the Punisher in his own little universe instead of having him running around with superheroes. The MAX Punisher series usually knocked it out of the park without any help from Spider-Man and Wolverine appearing, thank you.

Comment

Punisher is great when the colorful shit stays out of his way.

The Punisher MAX series is still the best thing Marvel has done in the past decade.

Yeah, I said it.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• And I agree with you. Wholeheartedly. TPs were the way to go with that series - after I finished one, I HAD to get the next one.

Comment

• I'll have to keep an eye out for the tpb's,.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                          Yeah, Stark came off as a bit of a weenie, huh? Guess he and Richards had to, otherwise the story wasn't going to work, which took me out of the whole thing. Were the characters faithful to their histories and personalities, Stark would've have talked things out with Capt. America before the shit hit the fan.

I originally thought Stark, Richards, etc. were Skrulls when this event started, but I'd discovered I was off by an event or two.

They weren't Skrulls, Hank Pym was a Skrull.

Richards was just going along with the best plan at the time. Stark was trying to remake the country in his image, which allowed Osborn to truly fuck shit up.

So, Stark hard-booted his brain to a state before the Civil War. Now, he rambles around Reagan style as he only remembers the good times.

He's still a dick, but Richards seem to be mellowing out in the wake of Johnny Storm's death.

Also....READ OLD MAN LOGAN.
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• So basically I don't have to read any of the other Civil Wars now?

I'll keep an eye out for Old Man Logan.

Comment

• You won't regret it, Rob. Plenty of the ultra-violence, swearing, nuderty, etc. (speaking about the Punisher MAX series, although Old Man Logan's pretty sweet, too).
                              I even have complete runs of the Punisher solo series and Punisher War Journal from the late 80's to the mid 90's. While it is far more Comics Code and has some superhero stuff thrown in, they had their moments... until they did the storyline where the Punisher turned black (!).

ETA: Thanks for the info, Ruckus - I missed most of the Civil War stuff, as I'd pretty much dumped everything superhero related when that series got started.
                              Last edited by Timothy225; 01-31-2011, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• I have all of the original Punisher comics from then as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X