The Long Halloween

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Long Halloween

So I had not read this in awhile and decided to pick up the trade at Borders last night, along with Deathnote (you guys better be right about this). I totally forgot how good this is. IF TDK really does crib alot of the plot points from this book, then we are in for a fucking ride this summer. I also forgot how awesome Joker is in this. The whole bit with him just randomly stealing an entire family's Christmas presents just because is greatness. All the while reciting the Grinch. Good stuff. And after seeing that pic of Two-Face (which apparently is legit, as WB is sending cease and decist letters out) it really does look alot like Two-Face in the book.

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Re: The Long Halloween

i've been reading that the dark knight is more of an introduction to two face and the next batman movie will have more elements of the long halloween. the only thing about that is, how is nolan going to introduce robin if it is more like the long halloween?

off topic but which deathnote did you get? the anime or the live action?
    The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

I only vouch for the Deathnote manga, nothing else. And who says Nolan ever wants to introduce Robin?
      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Wait, Robin is no where to be found in TLH or are you saying that Robin will be introduced in the next one? Cause that's never going to happen if Nolan is left in charge. And you can quote me on that. And the mob element is going to be featured heavily TDK. And the Long Halloween is the retelling of Two-Face. It's essentially going to be TDK without the Holiday killer.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Yeah, I don't know where the Robin speak comes from. Not in Nolans universe.

Comment

Yah ok, so it's just Nerdious jibber jabbering away then. Oh Nerdious. Hehe.

Comment

I still want to know why Nerdious ever thought Robin would appear in the next Batman film.

Comment

sorry sorry. i was thinking of the dark victory. my bad fellas. don't go getting your panties in a bunch.

Comment

Cause he has a thing for boy wonders?

Comment

There ain't no wonder like a boy wonder!

Comment

cause the dark victory is the sequel to the long halloween by tim sale and jeph loeb... jeph loeb... why does that name sound familiar? oh that's right! he's a co-excutive producer and writer on the show, heroes. so that's why that show has such a comic tone!

Comment

You know what I enjoy about Heroes?

Not having to hear about it for months.

Comment

Word Ari. Heroes still sucks.

And the Long Halloween wasn't a fine piece of literature, just a decent little revenge book.

Comment

I bought this over the weekend and read the first few pages. So far I love the Godfather meets Batman vibe. Should I have read Year One first?

Comment

If you want. It's not required, at least I don't think it is. Year one is okay now, but when it first came out it was fucking epic.

Comment

Working...
                              X