Random Shit Dealing With Comics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinda pumped for the schism in X-Men.

Fuckin' Warlock is back in New Mutants. WARLOCK, MAN!
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
      Kinda pumped for the schism in X-Men.

Fuckin' Warlock is back in New Mutants. WARLOCK, MAN!

Here's the thing about the Schism. Jesse Aaron sells it. It works and it actually flows from the material. A concept that I thought was lost on mainstream comics.

Aaron's only had 4 issues with the X-Men so far and the guy is the best thing to touch the books since Morrison left.

I'll finally return to giving a shit about the X-Men.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• My only real reentry into the mutant saga in the last few months has been in catchng up with the newer X-Force line, but I've been surprised at how streamlined and focused it has been. I remember the X-books being an absolute mess in terms of cast size and the absolute glacia pace of some stories.

Clayton Crain's art doesn't even piss me off, and I'm one of the most rage-filled shmucks when it comes to digital art. For some reason, it just works for a wetwork book.

I want to get back into them before the shit really hits the fan.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• An Aardman Animation Batman? Super Best Friends shorts? Oh, Cartoon Network, how I LOVE thee!

Comment

• I repainted my white walls with white when I saw there would be a fucking DOOM PATROL short. AWWWWYEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Schism ended very fucking well. Jesse Aaron can write all the X-Books he wants now.

Action Comics under Morrison is good that it was worth destroying the rest of the line.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• This Caniff hardcover from IDW is fucking gorgeous.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• OH.

MY.

FUCK.

Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncow Gus View Post
                    OH.

MY.

FUCK.

It happened.

Comment

• What am I looking at here? Besides Miller's continuing slide into dementia.

Comment

• Through the magics of google. I had to use google because I do not keep on comics and I had no idea what that was.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Serious question time.

I have twelve boxes of comic books. I've gone through all of them and have decided to sell, in essence, eleven of them. That's approximately 3300 comic books.

I've gone through them and catalogued most of the major stuff. I have several that are worth decent money...most of it isn't worth much more than cover price, though. I have individual runs or collector issues that are worth some major coin...$50 to $100 from what I can tell. I also have quite a few autographed comics:
                          SANDMAN 21 through 40 autographed by Neil Gaiman, 38 through 40 also autographed by Jill Thompson
                          SUPERMAN 75 autographed by Dan.Jurgens
                          AMAZING SPIDERMAN 279 autographed by Stan Lee
                          I got these autographs in person so I know they are legit.

How much should I expect from selling these to a comic shop?
                          How do I assess a value to the autographed issues?
                          Any advice in general?

Thanks.
                          Originally posted by Martin
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• check Ebay to get a glimpse at what these are selling for.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Ultimately, you might be at the mercy of the comic shop when it comes to pricing. Not sure what it's like in your neck of the woods, but the shops I go to are cutting back issue prices drastically because they have so many on hand. You might make some money on the autographed runs, but if the other stuff isn't that great, don't expect as much.

I'm assuming the comics are bagged and boarded?

Comment

• Further info: most of my collection is from the 80s and 90s. I have some stuff from the 70s but not a lot. I have Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, First, Comico, and others. I have Wolverine from issue 1 through the 140s or so. I have the original Frank Miller LS. I have full runs of Preacher and many other Vertigo titles. I have Sandman from issue 20 until the end, plus a lot of the Death titles. I have tons of Dark Horse Aliens, Predator, Star Wars, Terminator, and similar stuff. I have Spawn from issue 1 through the 50s or so, plus a lot of peripheral titles like Violator. I have other Image stuff as well...lots of number ones. I pocked up a number of rare covers, like some Lady Death stuff. I have misc X Men, X Factor, Excalibur stuff, but I sold the really nice X titles that I had in the 90s when I was flat broke and needed cash.
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X