Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yep, it's definitely mid range but sometimes it's finicky.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• WE NEED TO BATTLE.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• You will totally kick my dick off, but sure, would be fun to get some fights in! I'm much more of a Street Fighter guy, pretty bad at the Mortal Kombat games and far too lazy to memorize all the combos and whatnot.. so prepare to just toss me around like a child with Ermac haha
        XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• ERMAC IS MY BOYEEE.

But I've been rocking shit with Goro lately.

Comment

• Started Wolfenstein, it's fun, first chapter was a little boring but I stuck with it. Liking it more now.
            "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• It only gets better.

Comment

• anybody playing Bloodborne? And if so will I hate it if I wasn't a fan of DS 1 or 2?

Comment

• I'm playing it off and on. I am fucking terrible at it. I loved Dark Souls 1, but was bad at it. Dark Souls 2 never caught me like DS1 did...and well, if you don't like or love either of those games just avoid Bloodborne.

Comment

• ok, duly noted. I just want something new to play that will keep me hooked for a while.

Comment

• Playing Bloodborne. Haven't had enough time to really invest in it between finishing the Order and playing Mortal Kombat, but just beat my 2nd boss last night. Beating a boss in this is euphoric. Never really played any of the Dark Souls games to compare, just a couple hours of Demons Souls. I'm told it is a much faster and more action-oriented game than the Dark Souls, there is a heal mechanic that encourages you to attack right away after you take damage, where as the Dark Souls are more about blocking for days and then trying to parry.

Enjoying BB quite a bit, but it has taken a lot of mental discipline to keep telling myself 'Its okay that the very first enemy in the game killed me twice. Its okay that the next enemy killed me too. And the one after that. And the first boss killed me 5 times before I beat it. This is normal. I'm learning how to win by losing' and not just ragequit. I got into a pretty good rhythm for grinding/clearing out the first big area in the game, but now that I got through 2 of the bosses the next area is back to absolutely kicking my dick in. But it's okay. I'm learning.

Can shareplay it if you want to check it out?

Comment

• I've been stuck on Father Gregawhatsit for WEEKS. It seems like he is a sticking point for a LOT of players, and when you get beyond him things open up a lot more and some of the bosses are easier to deal with. I think it's ridiculous that the second (or is he third?) boss is such a wall for people.

I really am just biding my time for Witcher 3. I want to build a new PC so bad.

Comment

• Really? That's surprising to hear. I actually beat Father Gregawhatsit on my 2nd attempt, where as the first boss took at least 5. I did spend some time after failing on the other boss so much to grind out some blood echos and level up a bit, forge my weapon.

But yeah, Father G was a bitch of a fight. Felt like I was being shot every other second, was trying to stay targeted on him to help with dodging everything but it would keep dropping off if anything got between us, and I kept getting stuck in tombstones while trying to strafe around and taking way more damage than I should have.

Best advice I can give is to stock up some molotovs, try to parry stun him with the gun when he is about to hit you, and keep moving. I must have gotten seriously lucky the 2nd try but I still went through like 7-8 pots and barely drank those before dying. I used the saw blade in the "small" version and only used fast attacks, waited for him to do his swing combo and shoot at me, then jumped in for a few quick hits, run away and repeat. He gets reaaally shitty at about 20% health
                          Last edited by Trejo; 04-28-2015, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trejo View Post
                            try to parry stun him with the gun when he is about to hit you,
                            This is my problem...I cannot parry at all in this game. AT ALL. I got him down to literally one hit, then the camera fucked me.

Comment

• My problem is I'm so worried about my shot NOT parrying that when I actually pull it off and stun an enemy I'm already leaping backwards trying to avoid getting hit and so I never get to land a visceral. But yeah the timing is hard to nail, I've read to try to do it at the last possible moment before the attack would reach you but I felt like I was shooting a bit early and still stunning Father G some times.

Had him to one hit eh? That's heartbreaking

Comment

• watched some let's plays of this last night. Think I'm going to try to give it a go.

Picked up Cities Skyline. It's ok but I can't quite put my finger on why it's not sucking me in like Sim City did.

Comment

Working...
                                X