Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not made of money... I just don't buy a lot of shit. I buy food, delicious Scotch™, and the occasional weapon.

Retirees have fixed incomes, y'know!

EDIT: Oh, and clothes. And toiletries...

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
      Fuck me sideways, that pepper is PRICY!

$9 a package!

But I got it anyway. This shit will be in my belly by 1900 hrs. tomorrow, lustrous sauce and all!

If it's as good as it sounds, that $9 will be the best I've spent in a while.
      I swear to God it's worth it. Trust me on this. It's a MAJOR flavor in Szechuan cuisine. It's like using cheap dry basil in italian cooking instead of the fresh one.

EDIT: I don't know how big your SPICE package is, but mine, a good 1/4 cup, last 5-6 recipes at least.
      Last edited by Martin; 04-15-2010, 07:08 AM.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Made a delicious salad of frisee, spring greens, and radicchio...

Topped it with this.

Hot Bacon Dressing

8 slices bacon
        1 1/2 cups brown sugar
        3 teaspoons cornstarch
        1/2 teaspoon salt
        1/4 cup water
        1/2 cup cider vinegar

Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch and salt, and slowly pour in water and vinegar, whisking constantly.

In a medium skillet, add the crumbled bacon and pour the vinegar mixture over it. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.

Comment

• Anyone got a good tri-tip chili recipe?
          "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
          *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Gonna try out Ingrid's roast recipe tomorrow.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• And btw, let the recipe givers know your input on the recipes they posted.

So Vin, your Meatloaf was superb. And the wife agrees too.

Now, NHL PLAYOFF TIME!

Comment

• Originally posted by Vault Vanderhuge View Post
                Anyone got a good tri-tip chili recipe?
                Needless to say, since I barely ever cook, I've never made this. But I found this on the Food Network website - maybe it's worth a try.

Texas style tri-tip chili
                2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Dammit, I already started a different one. Oh well, bookmarked for next time. Good catch!
                  "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~

Comment

• Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
                    Needless to say, since I barely ever cook, I've never made this. But I found this on the Food Network website - maybe it's worth a try.

Texas style tri-tip chili
                    Goddamn Lisa, I wish I was at home to make some chili and cornbread right now. This recipe sounds great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      And btw, let the recipe givers know your input on the recipes they posted.

So Vin, your Meatloaf was superb. And the wife agrees too.

Now, NHL PLAYOFF TIME!
                      Yay me!

Comment

• Tried the Gong Bao chicken?

Comment

• Making it Sunday night!

Comment

• I hope I can find a chinese store around here.

~

Comment

• Originally posted by Vault Vanderhuge View Post
                              Dammit, I already started a different one. Oh well, bookmarked for next time. Good catch!
                              Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                              Goddamn Lisa, I wish I was at home to make some chili and cornbread right now. This recipe sounds great.
                              Good luck guys! Let me know how it goes, even though I had nothing to do with it other than the Google search!
                              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Here is my taco chilli. It makes a fair amount, its easy, and it freezes really well.

1 1/2 lbs grd beef
                                1/2-1 onion chopped
                                1 pkg taco seasoning
                                1 pkg spanish rice
                                2 lg cans crushed or diced tomatoes
                                2 pkgs Ranch dressing mix(dont be scared)
                                1 small can chopped chillies(I usually only use 1/2)
                                2 cans kidney beans
                                1 can black beans

Brown grd beef. Drain. Add in onion. Cook for few minutes till onions are clear. Add in all other ingredients. Cook on med heat for 30 min. Then let simmer as long as you like- usually I let it go for a couple of hours. Add water if needed.

Comment

Working...
                                X