X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIG BOSS DID 9 11

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
      So, they were wrong. Glad I didn't get hyped up and believed it.
      "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Did ANYTHING happen?

Comment

• It was a hoax but some PT inspired/ripoff game was announced by someone. Not quite sure, I just know it wasn't anything MGS related. I stopped trying to understand what happened, it got confusing.
          "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK mission 29. Now that the patch is out I will be going in with Quiet.

Comment

• having a bunch of fun with this game still. Taking my time however.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I feel like I am rushing through...but I am like 50 hours in and apparently still have like 15-20 hours of story left.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                  having a bunch of fun with this game still. Taking my time however.
                  No real reason to rush anyway, at least story wise. I loved the game gameplay wise at least, but storywise, there's not much there. Even the tapes, while they add to the story somewhat, it's still not substantial or great. I suppose the story was victim of going open world and/or Konami just wanting it done and out already.

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                  I feel like I am rushing through...but I am like 50 hours in and apparently still have like 15-20 hours of story left.
                  Yeah, sounds about right if you're at mission 29. Maybe closer to 10-15 hours than 20 hours if you only do the required main story missions and the 7 yellow colored short side ops that unlock a couple story missions.

Spoiler: Mission structure post Mission 31 
                  After 31, some of the main missions that unlock are just harder or stealth required versions of various previous missions. I think there are 6 new story missions that open up, only those are required to continue the story. You can skip the harder versions of previous missions.

Comment

• This game grabs you by the fucking balls at mission 29, holy shit.

Comment

• Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck I need level 40 R&D and support to develop my wormhole fulton!?

Comment

• Yeah, I hate the grind. I went so far as to leave MGSV idle so my guys could finish upgrades to my base and finish combat missions.

Comment

• I am just full on raiding motherfuckers now. I spent two hours last night just going from base to base and outpost to outpost jacking containers and sending dudes to heaven. RESEARCH MY WORMHOLE FUCKERS.

Comment

• So I hit the ending and have been in Chapter 2/Epilogue since then. Fil said I probably had 15 or 20 hours left. Nah bruh, nah. I have probably spent 30 hours just running around with Quiet being the goddamn terror of Angola. I have a wormhole fulton to research, and nothing is happening until that gets done.

I honestly can't remember the last time I flat out did not want a game to end. Even The Witcher 3 I was kind of like "ok I am ready to put this away for a while before the expansions" but not with MGSV. I am just so happy to run around and fuck up camps. I am looking forward to getting my teams leveled to such a point that I don't need to fill them with personnel because I want to play around just loud and deadly as fuck. I have taken to going to free roam, and collect people and supplies. Oh, and if you don't have any ranks A or above? Bullet to the head. Only the best for Diamond Dogs!

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                              So I hit the ending and have been in Chapter 2/Epilogue since then. Fil said I probably had 15 or 20 hours left. Nah bruh, nah. I have probably spent 30 hours just running around with Quiet being the goddamn terror of Angola. I have a wormhole fulton to research, and nothing is happening until that gets done.

I honestly can't remember the last time I flat out did not want a game to end. Even The Witcher 3 I was kind of like "ok I am ready to put this away for a while before the expansions" but not with MGSV. I am just so happy to run around and fuck up camps. I am looking forward to getting my teams leveled to such a point that I don't need to fill them with personnel because I want to play around just loud and deadly as fuck. I have taken to going to free roam, and collect people and supplies. Oh, and if you don't have any ranks A or above? Bullet to the head. Only the best for Diamond Dogs!
                              Heh, I figured you wanted to finish off the story, hence why I figured the 15-20 hours left from where you were. Didn't know you would be that hooked on the gameplay.

Soldier ranks correspond to how high your Heroism number is. The amount and rank of the volunteers that join you are tied to that heroism number too. I only fulton S rank and higher soldiers now. I'm at over 700k heroism but I think I was at 300-400K when I started to notice quite a few S rank soldiers per outpost. Now at least half the soldiers are S rank at outposts I attack.

I assume you know this already but if not, build up your Mother Base, each platform add to the number of soldiers you can add to each team which in turn raises their level. I just finished fully upgrading my FOB last night, which, along with a fully upgraded Mother Base puts you at 200 soldiers per team. You might need to farm materials for more platforms, you'll need that wormhole fulton for one of the best farming spots. Also, doing early FOB upgrades are worth it because they require less materials than the later ones for Mother Base and increase the capacity the same amount. Eventually though all you'll have is level 3 and 4 platforms to build for your Mother Base or FOB and you'll need the 72000 fuel for every damn upgrade which is a pain to get. Might not matter to you depending on how high you want to get your teams. I got my teams to over 50 I think with Mother Base upgraded about 50%-75% and a few FOB upgrades. High rank soldiers help a lot too.

Now that you're in chapter 2 and you like to pal around with Quiet, I hope you edited your emblem to include the butterfly.

I wonder when you'll start to leave the game running like I do now to let my soldiers process materials and upgrades. I love and hate this game at the same time.

Comment

• Fil, I am way ahead of you on all those points. I am seeing mostly A+ rank soldiers at outposts, not quite to the S rank ones yet. I have upgraded all but my medical to 4/4, and my FOB was set to construct more research and support last night. More bodies to fill that needed rank 40! And I have been leaving the game running while I go work out or make dinner, or watch TV for the last week and a half.

I need to change it to the butterfly. I forgot to do that. What's the good farming spot with wormhole? I know the airport has a lot of containers that require it.

Comment

Working...
                                X