Random Image Thread: The Thread of Random Images That Don't evoke WTFs nor LOLs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
    I always pegged Lisa as more of an "Outsiders" or "Rumble Fish" Matt Dillon fan. Or "Flamingo Kid" Matt Dillon fan. Maybe "Tex" Matt Dillon, too. Films where Dillon had that bad boy streak.
    See, this is what you and Josh don't get - I AM thinking outside the box! That's the beauty of having had a crush on Matt Dillon since 1979 - you get to be a Matt Dillon fan for all the eras of Dillon! The "Over The Edge" Matt Dillon fan (by the way - funniest death scene I've ever seen, no lie. I don't care how much I love the guy - I lulz'd!). The "Outsiders" Matt Dillon fan. The "Rumble Fish" and "Tex" Matt Dillon Fan (oh, the filthy jokes my best friend and I made during the scenes when he was laying helpless in the hospital bed - I'm surprised we didn't get kicked out of the theater). And so on, through the decades. That's why it's important to lust after a guy with career longevity - by the time "There's Something About Mary" rolled around, I was shocked that he did a wacky comedy.

Oh, by the way - true story... he lives in NYC, and when I worked at ABC, my friend Kirsten and I saw him right outside of our offices on 66th & Broadway (this was around Christmas of '96). We were on our way to our department Christmas party, and about three people had ditched and stuck us with the task of bringing their Secret Santa presents to the party. So, it's horrible out - it's rain/snowing, which in NYC means you're not getting a cab anytime soon. We're each bogged down with shopping bags full of not only our presents for the party, but the presents of the people who were ditching. We're getting soaked through, and trying desperately to hail a cab.

All of a sudden, I look to my right, and one guess who's standing on the corner waiting to cross? Yes, bitches, MY DREAMBOAT!

I gawk out a gasp, and Kirsten turns to see what I'm gasping at. And we're standing there, in the freezing rain/snow on 66 & Broadway in front of ABC, clutching each other's arms and staring open mouth at him as he waits to cross the street. He takes a step, and we both stand there staring him with our big dumb open mouth bug eyes.

And as he walks away from us, Kirsten and I, still clutching each other's arms, begin to jump up and down and shriek like a pair of 12 year olds. Yes, yes we did. Oh, and just for the record? I was 33 at the time and Kirsten was 28 - fine pair of specimens of maturity and grace. Upon hearing our squeals, he turned around and looked back at us with as much of a "What the fuck?" look on his face as a person who'd been in show business for almost 20 years at that time could muster up.

Yeah, I can't wait to maybe run into him again some day: "Hey, remember me? I'm the jackass who shrieked like a middle schooler one day when you were crossing the street! How long ago was that? Oh, you know, I was way younger then - I was in my 30s."
    Last edited by Lisa; 12-01-2011, 09:24 PM.
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Upon second reading of that post, I realize it doesn't sound too much different than the time that Sav from Def Leppard walked past me around 57th and Broadway back in 2002. Of course that time, I was alone (although I did call - yes, you guessed it - Kirsten!) so I had no one to clutch onto, and I did manage to not jump up and down and shriek this time. I did still look like a doofus - I stopped dead in the sidewalk, my mouth popped open and my eyes bugged out as I watched him walk by. But at least I remained still and quiet on that one.

And in keeping with this thread... your random picture for the day:

2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

So, where does Dillon rate in your dream harem, Lisa? Is he below Oldman and above Taylor? Is he equal with Sav? Would you have him washed and delivered to your tent before the Bay City Rollers?

Oh, and you and Kristen should've totally chased after him. Could've led to a hilarious holiday comedy flick I'd gladly pay $10 to see in the theater.

Kudos to you, though, for actually sharing the same airspace with your dream crush!

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
          So, where does Dillon rate in your dream harem, Lisa? Is he below Oldman and above Taylor? Is he equal with Sav? Would you have him washed and delivered to your tent before the Bay City Rollers?
          Hmmm... you have to put him pretty high due to the longevity. 1979 is a pretty long time. He doesn't out-rank Tommy Lee Jones as far as time (1977, "Eyes of Laura Mars"), but he definitely out-prettys him - so in his case, it would have to be a draw. He's above Oldman, but not above Taylor. I'd say equal with Sav is just about right.

And sadly, the Bay City Rollers are for sentimental value - you can't really expect to honestly fantasize about any of them past 1978. I mean - sad, man, but still I love. But no, no way on this planet would they be above The Dillon. So yeah, Matty D ranks pretty high up on Lisa's Food Chain. I'd have to say, doing a quick rundown of my "To Do" list in my mind, he'd currently only be out-ranked by Taylor, unless I'm forgetting someone, which I don't think I am.

Kudos to you, though, for actually sharing the same airspace with your dream crush!
          I know, right??! I'm very lucky to have had it happen twice with Dillon and Sav; that's one of the benefits of living in NYC - the odds are so much better. In fact, I actually do remember the thought that ran through my head when I saw him (Dillon) standing on the corner - I thought, "This is so cool that out of all the celebs I see on the street, I'm finally seeing someone I absolutely LOVE!" Because I've seen a lot, but that was my first celeb crush that I saw.

EDIT: If this helps define the level of Matt Love, I've sat through possibly the worst comedy ever for him. Yes, I've sat through, "You, Me and Dupree". Sometimes we have to do unpleasant things in the name of loyalty and love, folks.
          Last edited by Lisa; 12-02-2011, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Jaunty Chapeau Kilmer needs to have a nice brunch with Carefree Inception DiCaprio.

Comment

I love it! Do it!!!

Comment

Try this one on for size:

Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

"Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I want to see Bo and Luke Duke climb in and out of those windows, let alone jump a ravine!

Comment

Me quick one want slow

Comment

Me quick one want slow

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X