No announcement yet.

TRUE DETECTIVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I loved the first season, but the whole premise of this show is that we get DIFFERENT stories each season. Loving this season too.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Everything's finally falling into place, but this episode's ending? DAMN. Season finale is next week (90 minutes!), and I can only imagine the carnage to come.

Comment

• I was distracted last night with all these dogs in my house (thanks best friend for going on vacation and asking me to dog sit!) so I am going to have to watch this again.

Comment

• This was Vince's episode to shine. Loved watching him in 'burn it all down to the ground' mode.

'You just shit on my carpet.'
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
            This was Vince's episode to shine. Loved watching him in 'burn it all down to the ground' mode.

'You just shit on my carpet.'
            Vince's wife, though... lady was rocking some serious cleavage this episode.

Comment

• You mean EVERY episode right?
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Troof, but this particular episode - yowza.

Comment

• great fucking episode this week. Vince is awesome.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Tonight's the finale! After last week's ep, shit's gonna hit the fan for sure.

Comment

• The first half of the finale was pretty damned great. The second half flat out sucked. It only ended like that because both Frank and Ray became utterly incompetent at their jobs...the story betrayed their characters completely.

Bullshit.
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• "Oh you didn't like the happy go lucky ending of S1? Well hope you enjoy this!"

I still liked this season a lot. It just never completely steadied its hand on the tone it wanted, which the first season established in the first ten minutes. I chalk that up to a single directors vision.

If you've never read Pizzoloto's book "Galveston" I recommend it. Really good.

Comment

• I really liked it. Ray and Frank were always destined to fail in my opinion. A bit too on the nose for Frank though. "HEY LOOK AT THESE VULTURES FOLLOWING ME."

Loved the scene in the airport and really liked the ending.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Of course Ray's upload failed. Fucking iPhone.

I liked the finale, but I wanted to see Bezzerides get in on more of the action.
                            "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                              "Oh you didn't like the happy go lucky ending of S1? Well hope you enjoy this!"

I still liked this season a lot. It just never completely steadied its hand on the tone it wanted, which the first season established in the first ten minutes. I chalk that up to a single directors vision.

If you've never read Pizzoloto's book "Galveston" I recommend it. Really good.
                              Yeah, Galveston is HIGHLY recommended from me too.

Comment

• checked out the first episode of season 3. Yep, it's another season of TD. Dorff looks so goddamn weird and I can't place my finger on why. It's not his age but it's the way they shoot him and Ali together I think.

I was mostly bored. Told Lesley to let me know if anything of note happens in the next 2 episodes that makes her say "oh shit!". If not, then I'm not wasting my time again. I never got the high praise for the first season (especially with the non ending) past the cinematography and that one super hot lady. I know I'm in the minority.

Comment

Working...
                                X