Main site update: Have any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Main site update: Have any ideas?

Ok, so helper and I just had lunch/business meeting about the future of the PodCaust and it's awesome group of people. I just want to put people's fears at rest (you know who you are). You will not be seeing giant obtrusive audio/flash ads when you log in. That is not part of the plan. However, you may see Google Adsense and possibly an Amazon widget that would list the cool nerd shit we talk about. But that's about it. The main site will act as sort of a HUB where you can access the podcasts, the forums, Billy blob and other sites, etc. We are working on making this a pretty sweet little area to hang out on the intarwebs. meaning that we will link to people's sites as well (i.e. Bryans blog, etc) and at some point may look into miniblogs for people on the forums (like CHUD, only working right off the bat) but for now, just a redesign and possibly new forums.

Rest easy fellow PodCaustians. You're in good hands. WE just want to make sure that we aren't doing anything half assed, but I tend to talk about shit before we're ready...so no set timetables or anything...just soon....

If you have questions or comments, post em here!
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

these are fantastic ideas. what about incorporating a d&d pen and paper application for people that can play with each other on here. much like the heroes app from facebook? or something that'll people here can cooperatively play together?
      The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

maybe after the site relocation and upgrade. i'll look into the possibility of something like facebook apps.... i know Rob will have something to say about a social network app/plugin like that... Rob, your thoughts?

Comment

WE ARE NOT TURNING INTO A SOCIAL NETWORK SITE!!!!

haha

But honestly Alwyn, remember when we used to play Zombies! everyday at work, and we talked about digitizing that? That would be awesome.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by Rob

haha

But honestly Alwyn, remember when we used to play Zombies! everyday at work, and we talked about digitizing that? That would be awesome.
            haha. i didn't mean make it more like a social network site. but if there was an online "application" that people could participate in while waiting to get home to play some gta4 or cod4 (circle forbid*).

*you'd get this if you were a super nerd and have read flatland.

Comment

Haha.

Nah I get it.....I wanted a choose your own adventure type thing. WE'll see what happens....

Comment

Originally posted by Rob

haha

Yea i remember the good 'ol days. That "digital Zomies" project will have to wait till after the site migration... i almost got the new "site" configed... oooo it looks sooo pretty...

Comment

So I just saw the new forums....oh man...Kinda epic....

Comment

Holy crap. If we can get everything sorted out and working properly, the new forums may take a bit to get used to for some people, but the people from CHUD will be right at home. They are wayyyyy more user friendly.

Comment

Also, how do features like built in RSS feeds, groups, picture albums, and much more sound?

I think it sounds like super awesome sex. But that's just me.

Comment

Yea i worked on the config and merge for about 6 hours yesterday... its going to be atleast 3 more days to get everything sorted out...

Comment

hacking the old DB was the most work... but i got everything i needed...

Comment

Also, with the new groups feature, we're totally gonna bust some "games" out.

And the REP SYSTEM WILL BE BACK! And way better.......Jesus, when I'm fucking right, I'm fucking right!

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                              Also, with the new groups feature, we're totally gonna bust some "games" out.

And the REP SYSTEM WILL BE BACK! And way better.......Jesus, when I'm fucking right, I'm fucking right!
                              fuck yes!!! and rss would be really great. oh man. i'm rather excited. fuck caring about getting denied by chud twice. this is where the party will be.

Comment

You guys have no idea how huge of an erection I have right now.
                                Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                                John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Working...
                                X