No announcement yet.

PS3 VGA Cable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now with Viet's comment about not seeing a difference between SD and HD on TV's under 42".. Like i said he is wrong on that matter, but when it comes to 720p and 1080i than it is harder to tell a difference on smaller TV's once you get up to 50" and higher especially in Plasma and LCD than you start noticing that 1080i is better...
    I'm Asian. I have naturally squinty eyes, which helps when reading small print/text.--Nerdious
    Sasha Grey makes my willy do things that my balls are scared of.--Ari
    Oh Wendy O. How she makes my balls climb into my scrotum.--Rob
    She doesn't have a hippo shaped cock.--Ari

Comment

No doubt. But with a 42" plasma, I honestly can't tell a difference.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
        You have a few options:

New audio card for your computer that included optical inputs.
        New speaker setup for your puter that includes optical inputs.
        Cheap reciever with optical inputs.
        Thanks for this, I need a new speaker setup for sure so I'll probably go that route... didn't know there would be a input for optical on a speaker.

I was playing LBP last night and it looked great, dragged some people in to play your levels
        "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

Yeah, alot of the 5.1/7.1 sets for computers now have optical inputs directly on the woofer or on a seperate piece.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Anything you would recommend?
            "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

Comment

Check out Altec-Lansing or even Creative stuff. I have a 5.1 Creative set up for my PC that I've had for like 8 years. Nothing mind blowing, but gets the job done. Especially since it's not my main setup. But it really boil down to money and the tech specs.

Comment

Money yes, I only have a 2 speaker set up right now but now that I have my PS3 and 360 set up to the computer I need to upgrade.

Comment

Is the point of the computer screen, so you can play on that and Nicole or the kids can watch stuff on the bigger tv??
                  I'm Asian. I have naturally squinty eyes, which helps when reading small print/text.--Nerdious

Comment

Exactly, I have a computer room all to myself where I can shut and lock the door. When I play the Rock Band I move out to the big TV. Plus... my eye sight all that great, I can see thing's a hell of alot better sitting so close.

Comment

Let me make sure i understand your setup PS3 HDMI to DVI cable going directly to computer screen, and analog audio going into computer tower under line input??

Comment

Yes, that's right. The two audio plugs go into a cross over to a stereo jack line input.

Comment

Well i don't know much about the 5.1/7.1 setups on computers, but i have installed systems like yours, where the person used a Surround Sound Receiver, and connected their computer and console to that, in order to have surround sound on both..

Comment

How would I connect a receiver to the computer???

Comment

you would take the audio out of the computer and connect it to the Receiver

Comment

But how well or effective will it be by connecting the both from a stereo jack? I guess the same as it is now

Comment

Working...
                                X