Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's not a big deal, you only have so much time on your hands. I have the 3-discer myself, and I haven't plowed through every freakin special feature.

And yeah I may have enjoyed it a younger age. I don't know. I never followed the cartoon. Christ, I saw Godzilla twice in the theater and enjoyed it at the time.

I even saw the goddamn Pokemon movie back in '99. Granted I went to the movies all the time to get out of the house, but that movie was...okay at the time.
    Last edited by Ed Hocken; 11-20-2009, 11:24 AM.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Also you want a BAD movie based on a cartoon or toy just look at Masters of the Universe. Not even Dolph or Billy Barty could save that. You know why? Because they changed it so much and tried to take it too seriously that it just ended up a big piece of shit. Sommers did a great job with the property in my opinion. Wasn't too campy nor serious. It set up the rules in its world and played with them.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Back in 99, how old were you?

If you were over the age of 16 and went to see the fucking POKEMON movie and weren't Asian, all of your points are now moot.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
          I even saw the goddamn Pokemon movie back in '99. Granted I went to the movies all the time to get out of the house, but that movie was...okay at the time.
          WTF. Take this back Ed. Never admit this in public (Sorry Ari).
          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
          - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• *shrug*

Having a "childhood" has nothing to do with anything, it's not a good movie. I can see the problems with it and it's not something I'd watch again even if the New Bev was showing a screening of it.

As for Pokemon? I think I was 15 or 16 at the time? Just started getting into comics (in general) and I briefly played the card game. I was one of the oldest people there.

Plus my brother and sisters were really into it. We thought the Snorlax was cute dammit.

Comment

• LXG was just awful. Horribly, disturbingly, awful. I completely understand Alan Moore's stance on his comic to film adaptations.

I love the Masters movie, and really want it on Blu. It's a horrible piece of shit too, but Skeletor is Nixon.
              Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
              John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
                WTF. Take this back Ed. Never admit this in public (Sorry Ari).
                I'll fuck Pickachu's brains out, but watching him act? Never.

Comment

• Skeletor ruled in DAVE also.

Comment

• The biggest problem with Masters? It was set on EARTH. And they made NEW characters for it instead of using any of the hundreds already created. But the last battle is hilariously awesome. Drago vs Gold Skeletor is great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
                      The biggest problem with Masters? It was set on EARTH. And they made NEW characters for it instead of using any of the hundreds already created. But the last battle is hilariously awesome. Drago vs Gold Skeletor is great.
                      Agree 100%. They didn't think they could re-create Eternia? Seriously?
                      We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

• but we're getting away from the true conversation here: ED HATES AMERICA

Comment

• Well, GI Joe was an international task force too. so actually ED HATES EARTH!!!

Comment

• Ed hates everything but v-necks and jammers.
                            The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Hates America? Who went to the Palin school of argument?

But I liked Star Trek, So I like the universe.

You also forgot: scarves, vets, neckties, shag haircuts, Gary Cole, Boddingtons, Welsh Corgies, snowmen and Die Hard.

Comment

• Putting Master's on Earth was the most glaring fail in that movie. I'm not even sure it's mentioned once in the film that He-Man is half fucking earthling. And the new characters were there solely to sell toys.

Comment

Working...
                                X