No announcement yet.

STAR WARS, INDY , HOWARD THE DUCK DEUCE; AND MORE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Vaughan is perfect for this. Seriously. He knows how to tell a story, and he's demonstrated that he can handle special effects work. I like/love all of his films, so yeah...give it to him.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
      No way. I think Empire is pretty close to what Nolan goes for. And there's some seedy fucking underbelly in the expanded universe. Star Wars is a lot more than lightsabers and jawas.

and Disney still isn't against spinning off or launching Lucasfilm's stalled "1313" project to cater to the SW Underworld elements.

Hence, why Kasdan let it leak that some of the people being hired aren't just for the next trilogy but spinoffs.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

With 1313 being pushed pretty hard from the gaming standpoint I could easily see Nolan being courted from that side, and letting Vaughan run the new trilogy.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
          With 1313 being pushed pretty hard from the gaming standpoint I could easily see Nolan being courted from that side, and letting Vaughan run the new trilogy.

Yeah, I've been following this shit since the deal.

This isn't just for 3 movies, it's going to take SW to a place of potential oversaturation that Lucas couldn't finance.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

Originally posted by Anderson View Post
            Yeah, I've been following this shit since the deal.

This isn't just for 3 movies, it's going to take SW to a place of potential oversaturation that Lucas couldn't finance.
            The original statement was a new film every three years wasn't it? How did they even say that shit with a straight face.

I would mind a new SW movie every 18 months or something, as long as it's not all Jedi/Empire nonsense. Shit, a Star Wars Days of Thunder would be fucking AWESOME.

Comment

They can talk all they want. But for the time being, I imagine it's going to be this when its all said and done. For now:

1) New trilogy starting Christmas 2015
              2) New cartoons
              3) Live-action series - do what Universal couldn't with The Dark Tower.
              Originally posted by Ari
              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                They can talk all they want. But for the time being, I imagine it's going to be this when its all said and done. For now:

1) New trilogy starting Christmas 2015
                2) New cartoons
                3) Live-action series - do what Universal couldn't with The Dark Tower.

All of that plus

4) A specified SW theme park within the greater Disney complexes.
                5) Tighter control over the gaming unit
                6) Starting smaller controlled runs on the smaller Lucas properties.
                7) Targeted and specific SW branding across all owned Disney properties.
                8) The very real possibility of a new SW Holiday Special (so not kidding)
                9) Launching side franchises off the main films
                10) (the newest tidbit) Working on projects in the vein of Infinites.

As a side note, they're going to cancel all Lucasfilm contracts for side items and take it in house. Get ready for Marvel to have Star Wars comics again.

Comment

Dark Horse = Fucked.
                  Originally posted by Ari

Comment

No director announcement this month it looks like.
                    Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• hold on...what's the deal on 1313? Is that being pushed back?
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                        hold on...what's the deal on 1313? Is that being pushed back?

Disney wants to turn it into a brand wide deal and use it as a means to steer the planned spin offs.

Comment

• J.J. Abrams was offered and was like, "Mothafuckas, I DO Star Wars already!"
                          Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Jaime was first on it, but it bares announcing.

Zach Snyder to direct a standalone SW film.

Comment

• Beside the new trilogy?

Man, unless Snyder's puppeteer is good, you know he's gonna bloooooow.
                              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Please be HAN SOLO AT STAR'S END...
                                PLEEEEEEEEEEEEESE.

Comment

Working...
                                X