Help, Helper Monkee!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• A mouse fit for a TigerAce. Or LigerAce.
      The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Lulz. Even I, the original Tigerace would pass on that thing.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• PRRROOOBBBLLEEEEMMM

Okay, so I have a 4GB Transcend SD card that I use for my camera. Unfortunately, I loaded it up the other day after transferring some pictures, and got a message from my Canon - No Memory Card Loaded. Great, I thought, my camera's fucked up. I put in an extra 2GB Sandisk card and everything was fine. So, is the Transcend card just totally boned? I put it in my computer, it read the card fine, I formatted it, tried it again, and still nothing. But the fucking computer can read it plain as day.
          "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
          *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Router problem. Obtained a new (to me) router. Hooked it up and got error saying "limited connectivity." Pressed the little restore factory settings button and still nothing. I have no manual or software. Router is a Netgear WGT624 v3.

Comment

• Never mind. Works now. Anybody know a good tutorial about how to set up the router for security and such? I did download the manual but I don't know what I'm doing.

Comment

• Although the wireless access seems to drop in and out for no reason.

Comment

• Ok, what is a WEP key and how do I find out what mine is?

Comment

• Ok, so I accessed the router admin thingy, tried to turn off the WEP/reset the password then the thing locked up and I can't get back in. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                      Ok, so I accessed the router admin thingy, tried to turn off the WEP/reset the password then the thing locked up and I can't get back in. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
                      Should be able to hit the reset button and it will reset the passwords to the default. On Linksys it's just "admin" and you pick your WEP. It's 10 digits. Whenever I set one up I just use the telephone number.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                        Whenever I set one up I just use the telephone number.
                        Information: FILED.

Nathan, are you still experiencing drops/latency issues?
                        <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• Also, if security is a concern, you should be using WPA-sk2 as your standard instead of WEP. Your router's admin panel should have that as an option. If it is a new router, it is likely to be Wireless N. Make sure that it is set up to accept Wireless G and B traffic, just in case the wireless dongles/network cards you have in your PCs are older. That could explain the drops.

The advantage to using WPA is that you can use whatever password you want. WEP makes you pick either 5 or 11 (13??) characters for your password. And depending on what settings you pick, you may be limited to what characters you actually use within that 5 or 11. Remembering octal passwords is a unique skill that I highly recommend avoiding :P

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            Also, if security is a concern, you should be using WPA-sk2 as your standard instead of WEP. Your router's admin panel should have that as an option. If it is a new router, it is likely to be Wireless N. Make sure that it is set up to accept Wireless G and B traffic, just in case the wireless dongles/network cards you have in your PCs are older. That could explain the drops.

The advantage to using WPA is that you can use whatever password you want. WEP makes you pick either 5 or 11 (13??) characters for your password. And depending on what settings you pick, you may be limited to what characters you actually use within that 5 or 11. Remembering octal passwords is a unique skill that I highly recommend avoiding :P

He said dongle. Hehe. Still haven't tried messing with that router since. Been lazy. Will probably try again tonight. Thanks for the info sir!

Comment

• What does it mean when chkdsk runs when you boot the PC? And what are orphan files and why are they be deleted?

Comment

• Usually means the computer found some bummed out files as part of it's boot sequence and wants to clean them up. They are never really anything too too critical, and certainly are not your personal files. Usually just OS generated stuff. You can clean them up/get rid of them when prompted.

In extreme cases, this behaviour is sometimes a prelude to a disk going corrupt. To be safe, you should back up your personal files and THEN run scandisk/disk defrag on your drive. Best to run it overnight, as it can take forever. And definitely don't try to do other stuff on the computer when either of those tools are running.

Comment

Working...
                                X