No announcement yet.

The Name of the Wind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First 2 were definitely dense. You'll need that information though. Yes, they get better and more swiftly paced.
    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
      Oh shit, this just morphed into a talk about the Books of the Malazan Empire didn't it! I am on book 3 but I am having a hard time making it through. The first two were so dense and the third one so far seems lie they are making a brand new book again with all of the new characters they are introducing. Tell me it gets better...
      It is. But Erikson got me at book 2 with Coltaine and all. Book 3 is EPIC.

Then book 4 introduces a giant barbarian with a wooden sword you saw a bit in book 2. And he's awesome.

It's dense, but Erickson assumes you'll follow. I'll re-read everything after The Crippled God.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Ordered the Tameire (sp) books over the weekend, and they should show up at my hotel today.

Comment

Temeraire is a good read-by-the-beach book. Nothing to create a fuss about, but it's Master & Commander, with dragons. I've read the 1st 3 books, and I don't know if I'll chase the others.
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Yea, I scored the first 3 for $12. For some reason I thought it was highly recommended in this thread, so I ordered it, then got on here and apparently was thinking of something else. Oh well, got plenty of time to check them out.

Comment

They aren't bad but definitely decline in quality.
              We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
              - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
              X