No announcement yet.

Preacher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still favor Herr Starr. But, Jesse's childhood and the past tales about his parents work like a charm.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

This thread has made me excited to grab these. Hopefully this weekend. Is there a specific TPB? I'm assuming I can just look for Preacher #1?
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Read them in this order.

Gone to Texas
        Until the End of the World
        Proud Americans

After reading those three volumes. Come back to us and talk. Then, delve into it deeper.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Originally posted by Hansel View Post
          This thread has made me excited to grab these. Hopefully this weekend. Is there a specific TPB? I'm assuming I can just look for Preacher #1?
          The current print run of the TPBs actually have numbers on them, so you really shouldn't have an issue knowing what order to read them in. Get the first one, 'Gone to Texas', and you should be pretty much hooked.

FWIW, I have the entire run in comic book form (luckily, it came out when I was still collecting comic books) AND in TPB form (because it's easier to read). I've loaned out the TPBs to 5-6 people who have all fucking LOVED it.

Be prepared to laugh. HARD.

Herr Starr is gonna absolutely kill you. Favorite moment: Starr trying on wigs and hats to cover the newly acquired scar on his head.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Jesse Custer: The only man who gets away with wearing white jeans.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Best head scar EVAR!!
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Just picked up Vol 1 and 2 of this on my lunch break. Hope to dive in later tonight.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

YES. Enjoy.
                  "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                  *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

you're gonna love Uh Fuh.
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

The story with the Marquis de Sade is so gross but I love it.

Comment

Can't wait till Rob finally sees, he who shall not be named. You know who.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Originally posted by B_MetalSucks View Post
                          Can't wait till Rob finally sees, he who shall not be named. You know who.
                          Hell, you could say that about 10 different characters over the course of the entire run.

Comment

IF you're talking about Arseface, that's nothing new.

About half way through the first volume. Reminds me of alot of things (seeing as I'm just now reading it) but I'm digging it so far. IT hasn't hooked me in like Y did, but I do enjoy it so far.

Comment

Jody and T.C. They'll hook ya, oh yes...

Comment

Arseface is not whom I meant. I swear. I'm thinking someone much more important to Herr Star. :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X