2010 Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Baseball

Placeholder while I bring a conversation here from another thread.

Originally Posted by Billy
    I fucking hate baseball. Drayton ruined it for me. I'll show up to laugh at how shitty the Astros are and how I am adopting the Rangers again.

I'm going to give Brad Mills a chance to turn things around. First thing he'll need to do? Get rid of the veterans (yes, I have some loyalty to Berkman and Oswalt) but it's high time we start building from the ground up. With a young team.
    Last edited by Howard; 01-27-2010, 05:21 PM.
    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Annoyed that we have a new outdoor stadium.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
      Annoyed that we have a new outdoor stadium.
      Seriously Minnesota if fucking r/tarded. Their football team plays indoors and their baseball team will be playing outdoors. How fucking ass backwards can one state be?

On a side note, the fucking Yanks will be killing shit this year again.
      Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG
        I love Berkman and Oswalt, but they need to go. Keep Pence and Bourn, and trade everyone else for draft picks and prospects. No one will take Carlos Lee, but dangle him to some AL teams in need of a DH and see what happens. Shit, take one crap prospect, just dump him.
        I'm sure the Red Sux will take Lee, seeing as how Ortiz is just about washed up.

Comment

Lee isn't even as washed out as he is out of shape, but you don't need to be in shape to hit HR's.

Comment

Originally posted by BiG B View Post
            Most likely. I mean they got to spend the money they are charging for tickets somewhere, right? Friend of mine took his 3 kids to a game last year. The price tag for the day (game, drinks, food, etc)? $800. That shit just pisses me off. Sure you can go for the cheap seats. Far away from the field.
            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
            - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by BiG B View Post
              Seriously Minnesota if fucking r/tarded. Their football team plays indoors and their baseball team will be playing outdoors. How fucking ass backwards can one state be?

This is because up until this year, people liked the Twins a whole shit load more than the Vikings. Personally I didn't really see this as being a good time to get a new stadium for anyone.
              If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

New stadiums should be outlawed until the old buildings are condemned. Spending assloads of money for a new stadium when you have a perfectly good one is fucking dumb.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

I miss the Astrodome. Give me that sterile, rainbow seated, cave over the fucking amusement park that is Minute Maid. I hate that goddamn place. And you can only sit in like 1/3 of the available seats, because as soon as the sun starts to set it blinds 2/3 of the stadium because of the huge gaping whole by the stupid fucking choo choo train.

Comment

I honestly won't be going to many Twins games now because I don't want to have to deal with the goddamn elements when I'm drinking.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I just figure that the dome is totally fine - and there is a huge deficit... so... maybe just use all that money that is for a new stadium and pay off some debt.
                      If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

I hope to hell that they never tear down Dodger Stadium.
                        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                          I miss the Astrodome. Give me that sterile, rainbow seated, cave over the fucking amusement park that is Minute Maid. I hate that goddamn place. And you can only sit in like 1/3 of the available seats, because as soon as the sun starts to set it blinds 2/3 of the stadium because of the huge gaping whole by the stupid fucking choo choo train.
                          Plus the Dome had comfortable seats. Minute maid has the smallest, most uncomfortable seats ever. When the roof is closed the AC hardly works and in the Dome you almost had to take it blanket it was so cool. Fuck Minute Maid park.
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
                            I hope to hell that they never tear down Dodger Stadium.
                            It will happen eventually...trust me.

Comment

Perhaps, but where would they put a new stadium?
                              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Working...
                              X