Ruined Food/Meals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruined Food/Meals

What foods/meals have been completely ruined for you? Things that you once enjoyed but due to overeating, making you sick, etc you just cannot stomach to even look at anymore.

This was brought upon by my dinner last night. I got home from the gym, and instantly recognized the horrible smell in the air. Fucking Hamburger Helper. My mom would make Hamburger Helper two or three times a week when I was a kid. Sometime around 17 my dad and I revolted and refused to eat it anymore. That's when I really started trying to cook anything at all, regardless of how bad it turned out. I hadn't had HH in probably 7 or 8 years before last night. And I could go 7 or 8 more before having it again.

Also, pork chops. My mom made shake and bake pork chops at least once a week. My old man loved the shit out of them, and she obliged. Sometimes now I see a big pork chop at the deli, but then I get that memory of a fucking shake and bake pork chop and start to gag. It sucks, because pork chops are delicious!

Definitely HH, followed by my mom's chicken enchilada recipe because my ex would ALWAYS want to eat those and I just got fucking sick of making it. Just another reason to be mad at her, I guess. Otherwise, not too many dishes that I can think of...

Oh, but mayo? Yeah. Only on occasion and on certain things, again because the ex ate so much mayo that I'd seriously get nauseous if I even smelled it on something. I almost couldn't bear to have certain meals with her because of it.
    "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
    *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Pepperoni pizza

Used to be able to eat that with no problem.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Teriyaki ANYTHING. Can't stand the taste of it anymore. I can't remember what the turning point WAS on it, but it was sure decisive.

I'll never forget going to one of those Benihana type restaurants (called Osaka, here in Eden Prairie) about 9 months ago and ordering the salmon. I noticed on the menu that it said that it had teriyaki on it, and I explicitly told the waitress and the fucking cook that I did NOT want any fucking teriyaki sauce on it. So...what happens? He cooks up the salmon filet perfectly (oh God does that look good) and then grabs the sauce and pours it all over it. FUCK was I pissed. I told the guy (who apparently didn't understand me but merely nodded) that I didn't want the fucking sauce. He tried to put it on my plate and I stopped him...make me another and get it right this time. He wasn't pleased, and neither was the waitress who came over to 'assist' with the matter...neither was one of the other guests sitting at our table (an obnoxious cunt bitch) who did nothing but complain about the salmon smell the entire time that my meal was being cooked. FUCK YOU, CUNT (my wife and I hated her and her hipster friends who were 'too cool' to be there).

So yeah. Teriyaki. Can't stand it.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Veggie pizza. My mom and stepdad get on these kicks, where they'll try something new, love it, and then that's all they'll eat for months till they get tired of it. A few years ago, they got on a veggie pizza kick, and whenever we'd go to visit, that's all we ever ate. Like, two years in a row, this same veggie pizza, every visit.
          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Stir fry is mostly ruined for me thanks to my dad. Lesley is trying to get back into it, but I'm still iffy.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

NOTE: All of my food hitches will go right out the window if I'm really hungry or under the influence of whatever.
              "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
              *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                Stir fry is mostly ruined for me thanks to my dad. Lesley is trying to get back into it, but I'm still iffy.
                It isn't ruined for me, but I generally don't eat it because of the usual inclusion of fucking Teriyaki sauce.
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

Really though, only foods/drinks I've puked up are mostly ruined.

Peas, lemonade, whiskey, etc./
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

When I was a kid, I wasn't grossed out by eating:
                    Raw Hot Dogs
                    Bologna Sandwiches
                    Spam
                    Can't eat any of that now.

After having delicious crisp Klausen pickles, I can't do the non refrigerated versions right out of the jar anymore.

But mostly, Tuna fish sandwiches. When I was 21 I got HORRIBLE food poisoning after eating one. It probably wasn't even the tuna, it was probably the mayo that did it (and I don't hate mayo still), but now it just looks and smells like cat food to me.
                    "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
                    - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
                    http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
                    http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

Peach Schnapps and green olives for me. I'm able to drink rum again.

Comment

See: Goldshlager.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Miller View Post
                          See: Goldshlager.
                          Fucking BROFIST on Goldschlager. I never puked it but I'll be damned if I ever enjoyed drinking it.

Comment

I had a brief Goldschlager phase, until I realized it was giving me horrendous hangovers.
                            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                              Fucking BROFIST on Goldschlager. I never puked it but I'll be damned if I ever enjoyed drinking it.
                              Yeah, so one night, my friend and I decide to get a bottle of what we drank in high school for old times sake, and we get a fifth of Southern Comfort (also, can't drink that anymore, and should never have to begin with). After we kill that bottle, we want to keep the drunk going, and I remember there is a very nearly full bottle of Goldshlager in the freezer. So, we kill that bottle, chasing shots with sprite. I threw up, passed out, and woke up the next morning with the mother, father, and great uncle of all hangovers. I grab a can of warm sprite off the coffee table to try and get some sort of fluid in me, and when my lips touch the can, I tasted congealed sticky syrupy Goldshlager. Ugh.

Comment

Working...
                              X