Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking forward to renting that one. The visuals in the trailers were giving me boners, so I'm glad to hear that the film delivers the goods in that regard.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• BABY PEGGY silent films.

My wife recorded a bunch of these on TCM the other day, along with the documentary about her life: THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM. The silent films were actually pretty solid (I particularly liked BABY CARMEN), but the story of her life was really pretty cool. Again, it's a situation where you've got a child actor who's essentially being exploited by her father for financial gain. What was amazing it to see just how sharp she is, considering she's now in her 90s. Her recollections of what happened and what she went through are pretty damned incredible.
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• More I think about The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey the more it adds credence to those who argued Return of the King had too many endings. An argument I'm still not with but... watching this (twice now) shows that's where Jackson's excessiveness took shape.
        Originally posted by Ari
        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Total Recall - baffled it wasn't released in 3D as the world/style really lent itself to that aesthetic.

Hobbit - indulgent, sure. But count me in the numbers that appreciated just hanging out in that world for that amount of time. Honestly, outside of Radagast, I had no problem with the padding.
          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• And the 48 FPS is a disaster.
            Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Loved the 48FPS. First 5 minutes were messy, but after the Eredor flashback it was fine. I couldn't imagine not seeing that Gollum scene in 48fps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                Total Recall (remake) - You know, this wasn't half bad. If you divorce yourself from the Ahnold verison it may actually be pretty good. That being said, the star of this movie is the amazing production design. This is one of the best "futures" I've seen in a flick in ages. I like my future dirty, and this is perfect. Colin is pretty badass as is Beckensale. Biel was passable but I didn't really give a shit about her. Cranston is mostly wasted and his Cohaggen is nowhere near as slimy as Roddy in the original.

I recommend it if you want to see some killer action scenes along with a pretty fucking amazing future view. I still love the original, but this one was worth a watch.
                Did you ever see Dredd? Same kind of future.

Comment

• I kinda loved Dredd. The character is one of my comic book faves, so I just liked seeing an ultra-violent take that nailed his and Anderson's characters. I also thought the threed was decent enough and - in conjunction with the crazy slo-mo - actually added to the experience.
                  I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Radagast killed all momentum in the film. Excise him from the picture and a lot of my pacing issues would be solved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                      Radagast killed all momentum in the film. Excise him from the picture and a lot of my pacing issues would be solved.
                      100% with you. That was my one real complaint.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                        Radagast killed all momentum in the film. Excise him from the picture and a lot of my pacing issues would be solved.
                        Old Bilbo looks at the picture of his younger self and laughs. Cut to "An Unexpected Journey" and Freeman smoking the pipe. You've just lost 10 minutes of needless fat. Zero need of seeing Frodo again (even though Wood is awesome in the role).

Also put the closing shot of Smaug right after Bilbo's return to the pack and promising to help them get their home back. That's heartfelt. It's moving and the group has accepted him. That's the ending. There's no point to that 15 minutes of extra action since the awful CG Orc King isn't dead and it merely reiterated what just happened, i.e. the dwarfs see Bilbo as their equal.

That's 25 minutes right there plus Radagast gone per your request and lose the fucking songs (Absolutely pointless - save that for the Extended Edition). Now you've trimmed at least 30 minutes of flab.
                        Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 12-19-2012, 12:21 PM.
                        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• I liked the pine cone sequence.

Comment

• ABRAHAM LINCOLN VAMPIRE HUNTER- this Movie is so ridiculous that it passes terrible and circles back to entertaining. I feel like I should feel guilty saying this but it only drags when Abe hangs up his axe for a while and does Presidential stuff. Also, it's completely stupid that he doesn't make the connection on the true nature of his mentor. The chase/fight in the herd of galloping horses is "motorcycle Kung fu in TORQUE" level of crazy.

Comment

• Zero Derp Thirty. Decent movie! Kinda funky pacing, way more of a procedural than I anticipated, but Chastain was great and the actual raid itself was pretty riveting.
                              "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                              *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Wanna see that.
                                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                                X