No announcement yet.

2010 Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see no reason to get mad at players for making the money. Sure it's a game, but they wouldn't be able to make that money if we as fans didn't enable it. Fans buy the tickets, shirts, caps, bumper stickers, etc and help the owners make money hand over fist. I actually love seeing a (deserving) player force a billionaire owner to open their wallet up and spend money on a massive contract. $184mil is a shit ton of money to anyone, but it's not much of the billions the owner has. That contract will be paid for this year.

Comment

I'm not mad at the players for accepting the money. I am however supremely pissed that there are people rich enough to pay dudes millions of dollars to play grab ass when we also can't seem to find a way to fund important social projects. /rant
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Comment

All I care about is that Mauer is sticking with the Twins for at least a while. They are not going to have any problems selling tickets this year - with the new ballpark and last year's excellent season, people who hate baseball are buying tickets.
          If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

Rob's buying tickets too? *checks* Nope. Hell hasn't frozen over.
            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
            - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Rob has bought a ticket in the past I think. He goes with me to the games.
              If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

Won't have a lot of time to post today (corporate guests in the office) but this is for Bryan. Tonight? I've got tickets to Yankees vs Toronto.
                We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

The game is actually tomorrow night. I hate it when my dates get mixed up.

Comment

I hope the Yankees lose. Just sayin.

Comment

Me too. The divisional head of Finance is from NJ and is a HUGE Yankees fan. I figure it's worth it to get tickets to the game and earn brownie points (and suffer a Yankees crowd).

Comment

Sigh. The only other reason I'm going to the game? To make Bryan envious. AND HE HASN"T BEEN ON THE SITE THIS WEEK!!!!!! Just posted it to his Facebook wall.

Comment

So The Kid is retiring. I'd stab a dude for tickets to his last game. Repeatedly.

Comment

Man, I remember before all his health issues he was on par to take the home run crown. It's a shame the he couldn't stay healthy. Sweetest swing ever.
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                              So The Kid is retiring. I'd stab a dude for tickets to his last game. Repeatedly.
                              Well you missed out. He's done. No more games. He didn't even show up at Safeco last night from what I read on SI. Griffey and Grant Hill will always be sympathetic figures to me. Both are easily loved, were the best at their sport, and then crippled by injury. Looking back, Griffey was easily the best player from the late 80s through mid 00's. He got hit with a lot of horrible injuries, but the pace he was on before he got hurt was stupid. He has never even been mentioned in a hushed whispered PED rumor. And I loved the shit out of some Ken Griffey Jr Presents MLB on SNES!

Comment

That's still the best baseball video game ever. Winning Run is pretty good, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X