Greatest Toy Line of the 80's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest Toy Line of the 80's

I don't think I forgot any really big ones. My vote goes for Masters, as He-Man stuff was pure crack to me as a kid. Still, it's hard to choose. All the above lines feel like my children.
    Masters of the Universe
    7.14%
    Star Wars
    14.29%
    G.I. Joe
    28.57%
    Transformers
    14.29%
    Super Powers
    14.29%
    TMNT
    0.00%
    Thundercats
    0.00%
    Secret Wars
    0.00%
    M.U.S.C.L.E.
    7.14%
    The Real Ghostbusters
    7.14%
    Other
    7.14%
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Re: Greatest Toy Line of the 80's

Oh shit. Tough fucking call man. I had to go with MOTU as I still have almost the entire collection. Well I don't but my dad kept all of it. And decided to throw out my Star Wars, Justice League, Gi. Joe figures. For the simple reason that "I thought the He-Man figures would be worth something..."

But the TMNT line was pretty fucking dope there for awhile. The Turtle Van was a thing of beauty when I was a kid.

Edited because I forgot how awesome The Real Ghostbusters toys were.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Oh man, how I wish I still had all my old figures. I still have some MOTU and Star Wars. And I have a duffle bag full of ninja turtles (thank God my parents didn't get their grubby hands on those).

Comment

I know one you forgot, Go BOTS. I owned more of those than Transformers because they were cheaper.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I thought about Go BOTS, M.A.S.K., C.O.P.s, and Silverhawks, but didn't add them cause I didn't feel they were as popular. That's what "other" is for.

Comment

Oh shit, M.A.S.K.. The gas station base was the coolest fucking thing ever. I remember my uncle owning it and I was uber jealous.

Comment

I had that fuckin' gas station! Boulder Mountain I think it was called. It was too freakin' sweet.

Comment

Wow, that is totally not how I remembered it. What a let down haha.

Comment

The first thing that popped into my mind when I saw that picture: That's it? I remember it being some huge playset, filled with awesomeness and sprinkled with joy. That thing looks like a shiny turd.

Comment

Same here man. I wonder if this pic is missing some awesomeness somewhere, or if I was just amused by whatever when I was a kid. I'm thinking the latter.

Comment

I saved up for like 4 months for this thing. And it was fucking badass.

Comment

OMG, I just thought of one that trumps all and you forgot so I'm adding it to the poll: The Real Ghostbusters!!!!

Ecto-1 and the Firehouse for the fucking win!!!!!

Comment

BAH! I did forget The Ghostbusters! I'm ashamed! I still have an Egon figure somewhere.

I never had Eternia. Damn, that playset was awesome looking.

Comment

Dude it was epic. Motorized tram and everything. I was the king of the neighborhood that summer.

Comment

OMG! I had that Bug Eye Ghost! You squeezed him and his eye would pop out. Oh man, so cool! Total geek metldown happening over here!

Comment

Working...
                              X