board games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• board games

i like board games. actually, i love board games. i know ari shares the same infactuation. what are you favorite board games? which would you recommend? which would you love to have in your collection?

mine are: ticket to ride: marklin edition, power grid, zombies, munchkin, and risk.

you can see my collection of board games here.
    The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Re: board games

Only games we play are : Zombies! and occasionally Monopoly.

We do play Scene-It! on the 360 along with Carcassone.

I'd love to play more, but we have noone else to play with. although I believe we are starting a D&D 4.0 campaign in the next month or so.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

And jesus Nerd....you have quite the collection of games. Ridiculous.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

We are going to try and train the cats to play board games for those games that take 4+ individuals. haha
        If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

But stupid Chanandler keeps eating our plastic zombies. And the dumb bastard doesn't have opposable thumbs!

Comment

check with boardgamegeek to find board gamers near you. i know it's hard to get friends to play the more euro type board games but the best board game to ease them into it is ticket to ride: marklin edition. it's easy to learn, fun to play, and seriously the rules could fit on an 3" x5" card.

Originally posted by Rob
            But stupid Chanandler keeps eating our plastic zombies. And the dumb bastard doesn't have opposable thumbs!
            it would if it were a Hemingway/paradactyl cat. hahaha. and i gave up on teaching my cats anything. i love my cats but they're tards. bastards love to keep me up at night, chasing each other.

Originally posted by Rob
            And jesus Nerd....you have quite the collection of games. Ridiculous.
            ari and sarah commented on that as well. don't even ask me how much i spent on all of them. i kind of got board game crazy.

Comment

zombies! is amazing. i think you need to task alwyn to make a java version for podcaust that the members can play. hahahaha.

Comment

We've actually talked about that. Besides being illegal, it wouldn't be too hard actually. Haha.

Comment

And zombies is amazing, if you have friends that don't mind getting ganged up on....

*looking at you Lesley*

hehe

Comment

Monopoly and Scrabble are my favorites..... however I did just play Cranium on Saturday, not bad.
                    "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

dude cranium is hilarious with drunk or buzzed people. i remember someone getting the card to act out a clam. amazing. just, amazing. i've played literati with a few friends online, which is basically scrabble. for some reason, people feel that having dictionary.com up on your browser while playing is considered as cheating. i don't know why. i consider it as a guide. hahahaha.

Originally posted by Rob
                      We've actually talked about that. Besides being illegal, it wouldn't be too hard actually. Haha.
                      i have an idea. don't call it zombies! and make it more like monster squad and you need to run away from the "monsters." or gta and you get to place cops on the board and your objective is to get away from a scene.

Comment

Yes, we where playing cranium while drinking..... it was great up untill the point where I had to act out "Kitty Litter", it basically involved me pulling my pants down and squatting down while kicking with my back leg's.
                        "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

Originally posted by ScooterLaBeef
                          Yes, we where playing cranium while drinking..... it was great up untill the point where I had to act out "Kitty Litter", it basically involved me pulling my pants down and squatting down while kicking with my back leg's.
                          i think i need a visual image of this. rob, start working on this photoshop. hahaha.

Comment

Great thread! I've got more games than I know what to do with (not at Nerdious levels, though). I have a few people that will play, but I haven't busted out Zombies! for quite a while.
                            Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                            John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

I would like to pick up Zombies...sounds fun. I play operation with the kids, scrabble with my wife, scattergories if we have friends over, jenga if I'm drinking, dominoes (because I'm Latino) and when I get the family together we fucking epically battle on Pictionary. I fucking beast all over Pictionary 'cuz I draw real good.
                              Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Working...
                              X