No announcement yet.

POLITICAL BULLSHIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I don't like about all of the recent protests, including all of the protests prior to the election protests, is that the people disrupt traffic and the lives of the people not protesting. I get it that you're upset, but you being upset doesn't affect me, so don't block my path. You think blocking everything will get your point across? No, it'll just piss off a whole bunch of people trying to go about their normal lives.
    Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• I have no problem with people protesting (the road thing always baffles me if only because it seems like it wouldn't work in your favor) I just think protesting the result is silly. It's not like it's a conspiracy or anything. Half the country is just unhappy with things and unfortunately they now have a leader who knows how to play them. IT sucks big time but Again, people need to do more of what Billy is doing and less of just shouting into the ether.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• It's all about respecting the electoral process. No allegations of fraud have arisen, so the result must be accepted as genuine and legal. You lost. Learn from the loss and do what you can to ensure that you don't lose next time.

That's it.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
          It's all about respecting the electoral process. No allegations of fraud have arisen, so the result must be accepted as genuine and legal. You lost. Learn from the loss and do what you can to ensure that you don't lose next time.

That's it.
          Sorry. No. Absolutely not. And it's about FAR more than the electoral process. I am going to get shouted down for this, but literally the only people that can say this are straight white men.

Will America make it? Yeah. Will the people make it? A lot probably won't. And a lot more will suffer.

Minorities across the board will be persecuted even more. Women will be persecuted even more. Healthcare protections will go away for millions. Have a pre-existing condition and lose or change jobs? Guess what, we don't have to insure that anymore! The economy absolutely will shit the bad, as it always does under a republican controlled government, and I expect to be historically bad. And climate change policies are going away. Bye planet earth. This was the year things HAD to change, and they have. We are at the tipping point. All those rules, worldwide treaties mind you, will go away now under this government.

If you think everything will be ok you are speaking from a place of extreme fucking privilege. Do not tell people their protests and anger are not fucking warranted.

Comment

• Trump's not the bad guy here.

You've got a shitlist of 3 people to fucking eyeball until 2018/2020.

Pence. Ryan. McConnell.

Trump gives less of a shit about the Right than he does the Left. Frankly, if he gets his way...we're going to see business boom and NAFTA finally get fixed.

But, on everything else he's going to default to his cabinet and the titular three.

• Pence is everything and more that Trump is accused of being.
            • Ryan was counting on HRC winning, because he was who the Republicans wanted in 2020. He's establishment, young and plays ball for them. He has the most to gain right now.
            • McConnell knows that this is it. He hates Trump, but now he has to play ball. If he turns on Trump, Trump will make an example out of him in 2018.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Clinton won the popular vote by a slim margin. Trump got the electoral, thus the nomination. Played out above board, it sucks, but there we are.

Like Rob said, we'll get through this like we always do. All of us.

Couple of predictions:

1) Clinton's done. Any and all charges or scandal attached to her are meaningless now since she lost, and her political career is finished. Trump, Congress, etc. won't bother going after her, nobody will be screaming for her head over emails, Benghazi, etc. She'll pop up on a news show here and there, work the lecture circuit, work with her foundation, bounce her grandkid on her knee.

2) Trump's far from a team player with his own party, so I'm expecting he'll have a relationship with Congress akin to Nixon - somewhat adversarial. His fellow Republicans will try and work with him, but they'll hamstring some of his shit out of spite (memories of the convention and the shitstorm during the election run-up, making the party look like hypocrites all the while, are gonna linger throughout his term).

3) One term. Unless Trump works miracles, balances the budget, provides tons of jobs and creates a much more gooder medical program than Obamacare, while wiping ISIS off the map and ushers in a Golden Age of pace in the Middle East, he's gonna be a one and done. The job will break him. Running businesses is one thing, but dealing with everything a president has to every single day is gonna burn him out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                It's all about respecting the electoral process. No allegations of fraud have arisen, so the result must be accepted as genuine and legal. You lost. Learn from the loss and do what you can to ensure that you don't lose next time.

That's it.
                However, you've got a whole generation of people who have never learned how to lose because everyone got a participation trophy.

The sad thing is that some of these individuals are actually teaching. I heard on a local talk radio station that a professor in a grad school called together all of the grad students and their faculty and tearfully informed them that they were allowed a "grief day" to mourn the results of the election. Really?! I've even heard from the same radio station that colleges have hired grief counselors because of the election results.

I still wonder how many of those grieving or protesting actually cast a ballot.
                Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                  Trump's not the bad guy here.

You've got a shitlist of 3 people to fucking eyeball until 2018/2020.

Pence. Ryan. McConnell.

Trump gives less of a shit about the Right than he does the Left. Frankly, if he gets his way...we're going to see business boom and NAFTA finally get fixed.

But, on everything else he's going to default to his cabinet and the titular three.

• Pence is everything and more that Trump is accused of being.
                  • Ryan was counting on HRC winning, because he was who the Republicans wanted in 2020. He's establishment, young and plays ball for them. He has the most to gain right now.
                  • McConnell knows that this is it. He hates Trump, but now he has to play ball. If he turns on Trump, Trump will make an example out of him in 2018.
                  Yeah, this. Trump is terrible but he really has no agenda other than "hey, maybe I could be president". Trying to remove him from office or hope he dies or whatever? No, because that gives Pence the office. He probably WOULD get things done and none of them would be good for anyone who isn't a straight, white guy.

I can't believe Ryan skated out of this. He is garbage.

Comment

• I'd share my opinion but my white maleness makes it null and void so yeah, gimme dat privilege yo
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• so now everyone is sharing these social media posts about people being attacked and accosted and shit and it's turning out a chunk of them are fake bullshit.

I hate people so goddamn much sometimes.

Then I see protests out in Portland where these fuckers are just randomly breaking windows. Yeah, that's gonna show the establishment you mean business. fuck.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Trump's Air Force One

Trump's Entrance into Washington

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                          so now everyone is sharing these social media posts about people being attacked and accosted and shit and it's turning out a chunk of them are fake bullshit.

I hate people so goddamn much sometimes.

Then I see protests out in Portland where these fuckers are just randomly breaking windows. Yeah, that's gonna show the establishment you mean business. fuck.
                          That always reminds me of when Devin proudly proclaimed he threw a brick through a Starbucks window once.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                            Sorry. No. Absolutely not. And it's about FAR more than the electoral process. I am going to get shouted down for this, but literally the only people that can say this are straight white men.

Will America make it? Yeah. Will the people make it? A lot probably won't. And a lot more will suffer.

Minorities across the board will be persecuted even more. Women will be persecuted even more. Healthcare protections will go away for millions. Have a pre-existing condition and lose or change jobs? Guess what, we don't have to insure that anymore! The economy absolutely will shit the bad, as it always does under a republican controlled government, and I expect to be historically bad. And climate change policies are going away. Bye planet earth. This was the year things HAD to change, and they have. We are at the tipping point. All those rules, worldwide treaties mind you, will go away now under this government.

If you think everything will be ok you are speaking from a place of extreme fucking privilege. Do not tell people their protests and anger are not fucking warranted.
                            I'm not going to shout you down, but I am going to fucking correct your stance. I am NOT giving people shit for protesting against Trump as a person. I AM giving people shit for saying that he's 'not my president'. He was elected by due process and won. That's democracy. Protest against the guy all that you want for his stances and views, but do not protest against his victory over Clinton.

It took me three tries to write this without going fucking ballistic.
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• YEAH FUCK STARBUCKS AND FUCK THE SYSTEM MAN!

Comment

• And then you have shit like this. Sickening.

Comment

Working...
                                X