MASS EFFECT 3: The Mass Erectest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
    It's not even their precedent. Todd Howard and Bethesda did it years ago.
    ???
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• When they changed Fallout 3. I didn't mind the Fallout 3 change, because people came to expect a big open experience that didn't end with the "main story" being completed.

ME3 issues go deeper than the final 5 minutes, but those final 5 minutes are how they chose to finish a linear single player series. They're not going back to open the world up like Bethesda so you can continue the hundreds of more hours of content with your character. I bet all they do is make it a "rainbow" ending! No more single colors for me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
        ???
        You know, the chaps responsible for creating Broken Steel as an olive branch for the terribly received ending to Fallout 3.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Oh, yeah, the Fallout 3 things. herpderp
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I don't remember having an issue with the fallout 3 ending. What happened?

Comment

I don't remember having an issue with the fallout 3 ending. What happened?
              It ended, and you could not go back into the world. Your guy died, and game over. Not what anyone wants or expects from a Bethesda game.

Comment

• All I'm saying is that the issue that this establishes some new precedent is alarmist and silly. The implications are fascinating though.
                Last edited by Captain Russ; 03-21-2012, 10:44 AM.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I just hate the nerds that set up donations, contacted the FTC, etc over a FUCKING VIDEO GAME. YOU'RE GIVING ALL OF US A BAD NAME.

Comment

• The FTC thing: that's one guy. It's his prerogative to react in a ridiculous manner, even though it damages the image of a vocal group that is in fact quite civil. His behavior is ridiculous. But so is the behavior of the majority of the game journalist community in painting a picture of a group of consumers with valid grievances as "entitled crybabies." For the most part, they are approaching a problem that they seek a solution to in a constructive manner.
                    Last edited by Captain Russ; 03-21-2012, 10:55 AM.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Maybe I'll be one of those "crybabies" once I beat this, but more than likely I'll still just be "eh, that was lame" and then I'll move on to the next game in my stack. I'll still have ME1 and ME2 so it doesn't seem like a huge deal to me at the moment.

Comment

• I await your completion of the campaign.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

Maybe I'll be one of those "crybabies" once I beat this, but more than likely I'll still just be "eh, that was lame" and then I'll move on to the next game in my stack. I'll still have ME1 and ME2 so it doesn't seem like a huge deal to me at the moment.
                          Yup, that was me. It was a disappointing ending, and I didn't like it but jesus christ move the hell on.

Comment

• It's a bit late for that.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I don't want a modified ending.

Spoiler: Vague ending stuff 
                              I want a LONGER ending. I want a post-script. I want to know the consequences of my actions. I want to see my crew again.

The Mass Effect 3 ending doesn't need to be modified. It needs an addendum.
                              sigpic
                              360: JohnnyChopsocky PSN: Stud_Beefpile

Comment

• Agreed. It's more of the whole non-committal front to it all that's rustling my jimmies.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X