Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

Having never played the other titles in the franchise for the PS2, I picked this game for the PS3 based on word of mouth and reviews. I haven't gotten too far in it (at least I don't think I have) but so far it's a weird fucking game. I've heard it described as a platformer in the vein of Mario or Jax and Daxter but it's really more of a shooter game. The graphics are fucking incredible as are the cutscenes. It's like playing a Pixar game for the most part and the 60 FPS stay consistent even with a shit ton of enemies and effects happening on screen. The weapons are all pretty diverse (standard guns, disco balls that make the enemies dance, tornado gun, etc) and the leveling aspect of the guns is a nice touch. The SIXAXIS controls, while not utilzed too much, work for the most part. Although I'm not a fan of the Tornado gun controls (you move the controller in the direction you want the funnel cloud to move) as it seems a bit too touchy. The voice work and sound effects are amazing as well.

They even have space flight levels that any self-respecting Star Fox fan would drool over. My only complaint with these levels are the wonky fucking controls of having one stick control the ship while the other controls the cross hair. I see what they were working towards, but it feels unnatural and takes away from the fun a bit.

Otherwise, I'm having a blast shooting shit to hell and it is a solid platformer as well.

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson
Working...
X