BDR's Favorite Horror Remakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BDR's Favorite Horror Remakes

Here's my list of my favorite horror remakes.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Man, whatever security software the company is working with has that page completely fucking broken. Will have to read at home.

Comment

really? that sucks. I hope it's nothing actually bad as the only "ads" I have are amazon and redbubble.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Naw, it just completely busts up random pages or sites. Like Complex I have to open every link in a new tab, or it doesn't load. And tons of pages open and it automatically scrolls midway down the page. It's trash.

Comment

ah ok. Good to know.

Comment

Solid list, Rob. I find no fault in any of your choices.

Comment

Thanks man.

Comment

I think I need to give that EVIL DEAD remake another chance. I just didn't get into the first time. The gore was insane but I couldn't get with the story.

That's a good list! I think the Dawn remake gets an unfair shake because of Snyder's involvement but I love it. I forgot Gunn wrote the script. And Phil Dunphy as a total asshole!

Comment

I like the honorable mentions more than the list itself BUT that's just personal preference. The list is legit as well.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                    I think I need to give that EVIL DEAD remake another chance. I just didn't get into the first time. The gore was insane but I couldn't get with the story.

That's a good list! I think the Dawn remake gets an unfair shake because of Snyder's involvement but I love it. I forgot Gunn wrote the script. And Phil Dunphy as a total asshole!
                    The Evil Dead remake is the goods - it'll never replace the original with Ash, but it is it's own beast, yet still has firm ties to the original.

I'm also onboard with the Dawn remake - I've watched the hell outta that film so many times. It's not a straight redo, but has enough callbacks that it sort of ties in with the original Romero films while mining new territory.

Comment

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                      The Evil Dead remake is one of the few horror movies that has a legitimate good story, makes you care about (some of) the characters very quickly, and has a solid allegory between horror and the actual theme of the movie like so many horror movies/stories are.

Comment

The biggest fault with the Evil Dead remake is Mumford and Sons guy. HE's the fucking worst.

I wasn't a huge fan the first time I saw it mostly because it was hard to separate it from Ash but the second time I checked it out I was totally in.

Comment

Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                          I like the honorable mentions more than the list itself BUT that's just personal preference. The list is legit as well.
                          Thanks man!

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                            The biggest fault with the Evil Dead remake is Mumford and Sons guy. HE's the fucking worst.

I wasn't a huge fan the first time I saw it mostly because it was hard to separate it from Ash but the second time I checked it out I was totally in.
                            Gotta have somebody you hate and he is a god tier asshole.

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                              Thanks man!
                              No worries. There's a lot of great content there. Reminded me of a few I need to revisit. Tony Todd version of Night of is one of my all time faves.
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                              X