No announcement yet.

SHOULD I BOTHER WATCHING THIS FILM thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we can include Meet The Spartans, Superhero Movie, the upcoming Vampires Suck, and parody films of their ilk as must avoids, yes? None of which feature Bruce Willis, thankfully.

Comment

Selzer and Friedberg should be tried for war crimes.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Two films i've started and made it 45 minutes in before collapsing: The Road and Valhalla Rising.

The Road was bringing me down (rare that a film ever does that) and at the same time offered little in the way of surprises. It all seemed to be a foregone conclusion.

Valhalla Rising started off violent and Herzoggy and became a slog very quickly. I hate to use the word but pretentious sprang to mind - in that I fear it thinks it's got something deeper to say than it actually has and all that should be subtext is actually just text.

Am I missing anything significant if I bail now on both?
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Somebody wanna petition the Hague on Russ' behalf, please?

Comment

I've heard Valhalla was a big letdown but I'm strongly considering watching it anyway.

Though I think Centurion might have to be first.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

I have actually heard nothing but good on Valhalla. I am rock hard thinking about it.

Comment

Ben: a friend of mine absolutely ADORED 'The Road'. He's got pretty good taste in movies, so take that for what you will. I haven't seen it yet but I probably will.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                Originally posted by Martin
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Looks like I'm finishing both then. Cheers, guys.
                  I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Ben, how do you watch Valhalla Rising and not just drool all on ALL THAT IS MAN Mads Mikkelson!?

Comment

For those of you who have seen Valhalla Rising. You'll probably enjoy BRONSON. But it is a strange and kind of slow film. Tom Hardy is great and it features a great use of Pet Shop Boys.
                      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Bronson is amazing. Wang dangling and all.

Comment

I couldn't finish Bronson. Weird, and arty. I was expecting more ultraviolence.
                          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

It feels like a missing Kubrick film. It's surprising that you'd think there would be a lot of violence. Hell, I kept expecting it and it doesn't show up.
                            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

That is a bold statement sir.
                              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                'The Jackal' wasn't too bad, actually. Is it GREAT? No, but any problems that the movie has are NOT related to Mr. Willis.
                                My love for The Jackal is unapologetic. It's irresistibly 90's and words can't express the joy of one-man laugh factory Declan Mulqueen.
                                "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                                X