No announcement yet.

Cooking Tips and Tricks Megathread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oooh, beer. That's a good idea. A bit of beer and broth. Stupid question, can you buy pork broth or am I gonna have to use beef?
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Never seen it as a concentrate over here, but a butcher or some grocery MIGHT have some, but again, not sure at all. If not, chicken is the neutral broth I use. Beefhas a stronger flavor, but tht depends on your pork: if it's well seasoned, it might just do it.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Careful with beer. It can impart a bunch of flavor that may not work with your pork. I'd stick with hard cider or apple juice, preferrably cider in a slow cooker.
        Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• Root Beer could be interesting.
          "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
          - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
          http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
          http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

• There is so many beer profile that could suit it: any light, sweeter beer, or combined with juice. Or, like Chris said, root beer could be fun.

Just no semen Rob. That wouldn't be interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
              There is so many beer profile that could suit it: any light, sweeter beer, or combined with juice. Or, like Chris said, root beer could be fun.

Just no semen Rob. That wouldn't be interesting.
              You're right. But I'd stick with the cider since he doesn't have a lot of time to experiment and no margin of error.
              Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• Or semen.

Comment

• What Martin said. No pulling your pork for your pulled pork, son.

Comment

• Fuck that book on COOKING WITH SEMEN was funny. I still laugh when I think of that.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I'm dying to know how Rerb made out. Maybe it flopped, and this is his reaosn for dropping off the radar? I hope not.
                      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• went over well.

I want to make these.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• If I am doing a beef stew in a Dutch oven(heh) that has to cook for 5 hours in the oven, is it worth it to brown the meat first?
                          Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• It won't hurt, but that long in the dutch oven is probably going to kill most of the crispy seared beef. It will be prettier though, dutch ovens turn roast kind of dull grey.

Comment

• Skipped the browning, just because I wanted to get the stew going. I haven't made this recipe in years, so I figured it was time.
                              Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• In other words FUCK YO ADVICE GINGERMAN!!
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X