Friday the 13th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday the 13th

I love love love this series. Parts 1-4 are great, seeing the killer go from mom, to bag headed redneck, to finally the hockey mask psycho we all know and love. Part 5 was a moldy turd, but part 6 brought Jason back in zombie form. The rest have some good in them, but really aren't on par with the "golden years". I really don't have any qualms about the remake, and the stunt dude playing Jason looks fine to me. The Friday films are my favorite slasher flicks, but I really don't consider them fine cinema, which is why the remake doesn't bother me, unlike the Halloween remake. Halloween is actually a really well made horror film which was not in any way, SHAPE, or form in need of a remake. The Friday films are fun crap, so remaking them, and hopefully keeping a better continuity, would be fine in my opinion.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Re: Friday the 13th

Oh man, you need to go and pick up The Crystal Lake Chronicles. That book is fucking awesome. And I agree with you on all points. I'm actually excited for the remake. I just hope they realize the only reason people watch these movies are for the kills. Noone gives a flying fuck about the characters. Except Tommy Jarvis and the kid that Crispin Glover played. Although I am a fan of Kane Hodder.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Yeah, I think Devin or Jeremy were just talking about the book over at CHUD. That book and the Superman one are both must buys I've heard. I should have gotten my pic taken with Kane last year at comic con. He looked so lonely.

Comment

So old news, but Sam from Supernatural is the lead in this. Would be awesome if he was playing Sam, but he'll probably play some lame frat guy instead. I want to see a trailer soon dammit! OR at least a pic of the look they are going for with Jason. There would be no point in hiding it ,as it's just a dude in a hockey mask.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I'm going to start looking for the Crystal Lake book today. I really need to read this thing.

Comment

Dude, after you read it, you'll be pissed off at the version of the movies you've seen. The MPAA can suck it, I want uncut versions of F13. It would be glorious.

But the book is fucking dope.

Comment

Amazon has the book for $31.50. I'll be buying it soon!

Comment

Working...
              X