No announcement yet.

The Phantom Pain...AKA MGSV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah the whole thing with Gray/Cyborg is when I officially fell in love with the theory. haha
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      yeah the whole thing with Gray/Cyborg is when I officially fell in love with the theory. haha
      Yeah there's some guys doing videos showing "evidence" supporting their Gray Fox/Snake theory. Some of them are way too long but I watched a couple of them. It seems like something Kojima might do, even though I don't believe it. Still, wouldn't be surprised if it was true in some form, with or without the head transplant thing. I think a lot of the fans just hope it's true as it maybe explains why Kiefer Sutherland is now the voice and that they'll hear David Hayter at some point, probably the end of the game.
      "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_elSJYm4SXA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2 more weeks. This gameplay demo shows off Mother Base and an enemy intrusion of a Forward Operating Base. FOB intrusion/defending looks like it could be fun. FOB gameplay starts at around the 14th minute.
        "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/22qpIrBJJRY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Metal Gear in 12 minutes.

Comment

They'll need to do another one of those to explain the whole Konami/Kojima thing next.

Comment

You know what that video showed me? Why I don't play Metal Gear games. Sorry guys, I just can't.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Can't stand that chick's voice but can't wait for this. Reviews so far are crazy good.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Can't stand that chick's voice but can't wait for this. Reviews so far are crazy good.
                  Heh, her voice was part of the charm for me.

Gametrailers released a 12 minute Metal Gear video as well, but I liked the style and charm of this Eurogamer one better.

Comment

I much preferred the GT one. Watched that this weekend. Can't wait for this. Bummed to hear that the Mother Base stuff may be the weakest part of the game though.

Comment

I much preferred the GT one. Watched that this weekend. Can't wait for this. Bummed to hear that the Mother Base stuff may be the weakest part of the game though.
                      I'm more bummed that the story isn't that important or great, which I was sort of prepared for since they were going open world. I want my Kojima craziness.

Comment

yeah, it sounds like everything that people love is the stuff they took out that I loved from the previous ones.

Bummed that most of the story shit is now just cassette tapes. I liked the codec stuff.

Comment

Yeah, I like the codec, but it was definitely a divisive feature. Peace Walker had tapes and there where some crazy reveals in there, so there's hope. Still, I'll miss the codec.

Still, the gameplay is getting rave reviews and it seems to be well regarded, so far, so I'm still very hyped to play it.

Comment

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm HYPED. Just find it funny that everyone is saying how much better this is now that they removed the stuff that made the MGS series what it is. And to be honest, I hated the tapes in Peace Walker as well.

Comment

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm HYPED. Just find it funny that everyone is saying how much better this is now that they removed the stuff that made the MGS series what it is. And to be honest, I hated the tapes in Peace Walker as well.
                              So true, sounds like some of what makes Metal Gear, Metal Gear, is missing or reduced, starting with the absence of Hayter. Oh well, probably another great Metal Gear game, but one that probably won't surpass MGS3 or (MGS1 depending on the day) for me. And that's okay, I still love MGS2, MGS4 and even Peace Walker and Portable OPs.

RIP Codec

Comment

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/A9JV0EvCkMI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Working...
                                X