Entourage: Season who cares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entourage: Season who cares

Ugh. I really hope they do something interesting with Vince this season. I'm hoping he becomes some sort of adrenaline junky and the season ends with his neck broke in the hospital. Ari seemed neutered, Lloyd is still the best, and the rest can fuck off. What a lame season opener. I'm gonna give this 2 more episodes for something interesting to happen before I'm completely done.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

People still watch this show?

Wow... who knew?

Comment

Yeah yeah. We like Lloyd.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I watch it. It's vapid as fuck, but I like hot women, fast cars, and there is usually a laugh or two every episode. Lloyd is the shit.

Comment

I just want more half naked Perry Reeves. She's hotter than 90% of the chicks Vince and his cronies fuck.

Comment

Always felt the show peaked in its second season. There was stuff to like about what came after, but it never really felt like required viewing after that.

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            I just want more half naked Perry Reeves.
            As hot as she is, even that may not be enough to make this show essential again.
            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

IT totally peaked with S2. And anytime anything remotely interesting crops up: Vince realizing he's a shitty actor, the stuff with his Pablo flick, etc, they just gloss over it too quickly.

Comment

Would this show? Much like Pokemon be considered to be another version of Scooby Doo? In that, every episode is the same thing?
                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

It is mindless entertainment. Hasn't been "good" for a long time. Eye candy, toys, and odd cameos make it fun sometimes. And yes, Lloyd. Drama needs to eat a bullet. Turtle has been the only one of "the boys" that has been interesting for some time.
                  Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                  Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                  POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Totally, Smash. Reeves' hotness, however, remains undiminished.

You're absolutely right, of course, about the pacing issues. Entourage is the televisual equivalent of the England football team. Kick and rush. Where's the heart?

On a more serious note, though, I never found this a problem in the first two seasons. No matter how many elements were introduced or sketchily developed, the whole thing ticked along fast enough for it to never detract from the experience. Stretching that precarious formula out to a third season and beyond was always gonna be a stretch.
                    "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

It must be said, Turtle is by far the most interesting character. Arguably the only one with any arc and growth at all.

Comment

What was the big deal with the stunt? The way they were building it up you would have thought he was jumping the grand canyon with rockets fired at him. It ended up looking like he drove over a speed bump a little too fast.
                        "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
                        - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
                        http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
                        http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

Yeah. I would have done that EASILY.

Comment

It was a little more than that, but I still think they didn't play up the real concern. Big stars just don't get away with flippantly deciding to do stunts like that. There was a brief mention about the studio not knowing, but being Entourage it was glossed over way to quickly without creating any conflict.

Comment

Yeah, but really the stunt was to hit a small ramp, hit the brake and turn left. Anyone of us could do that. But like you said, the fact the studio didn't know was what I wanted more of. However, he looked fucked up after the fact. GOD I WOULD LOVE IT IF HE GOT BRAIN DAMAGE this season.

Comment

Working...
                              X