rebooting a reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rebooting a reboot

so apparently, wb and dc are looking to reboot superman yet again. they want to make it darker like batman so that viewers can relate. and some guy named deepak chopra had some opinions of his own...

“Batman needs to be concerned about not just Gotham, but a bigger arena,” Chopra said. “He needs to go to Darfur, or Somalia. Superman needs to have more paranormal abilities – like precognition, telepathy, the ability to see past lifetimes.”
    wait... what? who the fuck is this deepak chopra guy and why is he offering advice on comics to an mtv reporter? since when is being an medical doctor and spirituality writer qualify one to advise of what direction a comic movie should head? and seriously? superman with paranormal abilities? you mean being able to fucking fly, shoot lasers out of your eye, have super strength and speed isn't enough?

WTF?!

*edit*

sorry there's more. i'm glad they're rebooting the movie since returns pissed me off with the plot about supes having a baby. obviously, the writers and singer have never seen mallrats or read larry niven's man of steel, woman of kleenex. and it sounds like they might be taking a cue from marvel's card and incorporating actors from solo movies to one big jla movie. instead of the bs that they were planning with different actors for each movie they were planning. but seriously, they need to not fuck this shit up and utilize morrison's all star superman.
    Last edited by nerdious dorkus; 08-22-2008, 03:53 PM.
    The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

They don't need a darker Superman movie, just a well made one. Maybe someone who saw an episode or 10 of the Animated Series.

I suppose if they want to go dark, they can adapt Kingdom Come.
    "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
      They don't need a darker Superman movie, just a well made one. Maybe someone who saw an episode or 10 of the Animated Series.

I suppose if they want to go dark, they can adapt Kingdom Come.
      seriously, right? but to do kingdom come, they'd probably want to introduce most of the characters first, e.g. wonder woman, green lantern, flash...
      The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

One step closer to Burton's proposed Supes...

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Superman isn't suppposed to be dark, he's SUPERMAN for fuck's sake. This is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

And Batman has traveled the world and righted wrongs. He goes to Thailand to take out a baby raper ring in Andrew Vachss' book. I don't remember the title right now, though.

Comment

that superman pic looks like he is a mix of vader, superman, and pinhead. I dont know if thats bad or good
            You totally killed us, you evil metal dickweeds! - Bill S. Preston

Comment

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
              Superman isn't suppposed to be dark, he's SUPERMAN for fuck's sake. This is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

And Batman has traveled the world and righted wrongs. He goes to Thailand to take out a baby raper ring in Andrew Vachss' book. I don't remember the title right now, though.
              You must find the title of that book. I must read it.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Batman: The Ultimate Evil

Comment

Awesome. I'd never thought I see Batman and baby rapers in the book. It's nice to know I don't know everything.

Comment

I'm ok with a reboot to the franchise. Returns had its moments, but there was too much crap plopped in there. Let's start this shit over. Here's my ideas:

-Have Lex be the billionaire business man that he is. No more sewer lair and reality schemes. And let's not make him the main villain yet.

-No origin. Go the Incredible Hulk route and put the origin in the title sequence.

-Make Superman a fucking man. No more ex-boyfriend stalker bullshit. Make Superman the world's greatest superhero again.

-Keep the Clark/Superman personalities similar to the Reeve films. If Clark and Supes are too similar, then there really isn't much of a secret identity.

-Make the story dark, but Superman the boyscout we all know. Give him a villian who's seriously fucking shit up, like Darkseid or Brianiac. Lets see some shit being destroyed, lives being taken, and Superman the last becon of hope the world has.

-Keep the John Williams score. It is perfect. It cannont ever be better.

-Finally, don't change the costume. Blue, red, and yellow are his colors. Lets keep it that way.
                    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

That sounds like it would work to me. Keep it simple. Stupid.
                      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

If we don't see Evil Superman raping Lois, I pass.

Comment

Why does he have to be evil?

Comment

Really, I mean like Batman said: "They're all asking for it."
                            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Flick those peanuts, Supes!

Comment

Working...
                              X