Films that are impossible to hate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Films that are impossible to hate

Thought I'd start a thread with films that are so fucking great, so amazing that they hit the "All Audience" movie quadrant (male and female film goers between the ages of 17 and under to 36+). These are films that no human with brain activity can dislike. Films that are so full of greatness that a law should be created to instantly kill anyone that doesn't like these films.

Here's 3 I have right now:

-E.T.

-Who Framed Roger Rabbit

-Ghostbusters

If I ever come in contact with someone that does not like the above films, then I get to molest their sister. Or mom, if they don't have a sister. I'll go grandma or aunt too.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Raiders of the Lost Ark and Close Encounters. Nothing wrong with either flicks. AT ALL.

Two of Spielberg's best.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I'd place most of Pixar's work here too.

Comment

Spaced
        Shaun of the Dead
        Hot Fuzz
        Zodiac

Like Ari said, most of Pixar. You can strike CARS out of there.
        Anchorman
        Chinatown
        Goodfellas
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Remember, I'm looking for films that can be seen by children too. While I agree with Ed's post, some of those are adults only.

Comment

Oh okay, if that's the case I'd include anything Wallace & Gromit.

Comment

...uhhhhh....Close Encounters is cool, but a lot of people just won't get it. Not sure if it belongs on this thread.

...and Ed fails on pretty much everything except Shaun and maybe Anchorman...Spaced is a TV show, that people other than those like us won't get...Hot Fuzz, is a total teenage boy movie, I guarantee most chicks will be bored out of their minds...Zodiac, is strictly for film aficionados, john q public and kids will give a fuck less about this...Haven't seen Chinatown, not sure if the kids would be down...Goodfellas, one of my favorite movies all time, most chicks will dig it, but kids? I show my kids tons of shit, not sure if they're ready for Goodfellas, also the 2+ hour run time is a turn off to most....

Pixar for sure. Even though there is so much hate for Cars, I kinda like it. It is beautiful on Blu and has a decent story IMO.

- The Good the Bad and the Ugly, long movie but keeps you enthralled. Kids love cowboys, old people like cowboys, chicks like cowboys...plus Clint is a pimp.
              - The Goonies, solid flick, still holds up. I <3 it for life...
              Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Yeah, I didn't realize the pics were meant to include kids. I just ran with the idea of films that are impossible to hate.

Comment

Still, they're impossible to hate by most of us...but still chicks don't dig most of the shit we do...

Comment

Of course. Although my mother likes Goodfellas. *shrug*

Comment

Flight Of The Navigator

The Gonnies
                      "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

Originally posted by ScooterLaBeef View Post
                        The Gonnies
                        Never heard of the Gonnies, but The GOONIES is awesome (I already posted that...)

Comment

The Goonies is hit or miss. The movie isn't good. But goddamn if I don't love it. Trust me, if you didn't grow up with it, the kids will fucking grate on your nerves.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Also, fuck cowboys. Westerns can suck my balls. Does that mean I have horrible taste? Probabaly, but I don't care. That shit is fucking boring.

Comment

http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=10522044&g=Family

Comment

Working...
                              X