Gone Baby Gone [spoilers]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gone Baby Gone [spoilers]

We picked this up on Blu-Ray this weekend as a blind-buy, and it turns out it kicks ass. Who would have thought Ben Affleck was a decent director. Plus Ed Harris always rocks. I'd suggest seeing it if you haven't already. Nice little crime/mystery flick. The ending is fucked up too. I won't spoil it here, but goddamn I want to talk about it.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Redonkulous that this had 0 posts. Come on people.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I haven't seen it yet.

Bryan, on the other hand...
      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Amen to that...I've watched it twice now. Aff-leck for the win. Killer combo in this one. How unsettling is the scene when they bust into Mr. Shickadance's crack house and find the boy...maybe we should change the title to include spoilers...
        Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Totally. Although I don't agree with Casey giving the kid back, I don't know what I would have done in that situation. But it still angers me, which is a good thing.

Comment

I didn't ask my wife what she thought...I'll check with her today...Although I'm angered by it, something inside me feels that it might have been the right thing. I think the only reason he gave the kid back was because earlier in the film she broke down and said all she wanted was the kid back...she promised she would never do drugs and never party again. Sad that she ends up immediately breaking that promise.

Comment

I dug the flick too. Casey Affleck had an awesome year last year with this, Oceans 13, and Assassination of Jesse James.

I didn't agree with giving the kid back either. It sucks that she had a shitty mom but who are they to decide her future for her?
              "How the fuck does your brain go Kevin Spacey~K-Pax?" - Rob

Comment

Totally true Spider...

Comment

Casey fucking killed Assassination...I fucking hated him by the end of that movie. The AFFLACS are slowly creeping up on the Howards...Ron the great director and Clint the Oscar worthy actor.

Comment

Assassination was pretty awesome.
                    "How the fuck does your brain go Kevin Spacey~K-Pax?" - Rob

Comment

Working...
                    X