No announcement yet.

Now This is Podracing! The Star Wars Catch-All Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 episodes into the second season of Rebels. Oh man. Vader is all kinds of badass. DUDE HAD NO PROBLEM WITH TRYING TO DECAPITATE EZRA. And not in a cartoony way either. Just like, "BITCH I HAVE THE FORCE AND I WILL MAKE YOU CUT OFF YOUR OWN HEAD WHILE I SLOWLY WALK TOWARDS YOU"

awesome. This show is the best thing in the SW universe in a long fucking time.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      Totally hooked on that X-Wing miniatures game. It's gonna be a money sink but man it's stupid fun. Ari, you play at all? If so, any suggestions for good expansions? I'm totally gonna grab the Ghost from Rebels, the Falcon, and probably some souped up Tie Interceptors soon.
      Ugh, I wish. I've been wanting to play this for ages, but I never got around to buying it. Being broke all the time may be part of the problem...

As for Rebels, they don't shy away from slightly cranking up the violence in season 2. And Lucasfilm is really doing their best to make Vader a massive badass again. Just look at this panel from the Vader Down comic:

Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• He is indeed a badass. I hope a scene like that is in Rogue One.

You really should just grab the starter set for 30 bucks Ari. With that set alone you can have some really fun matches. I just picked up the other starter set (the original) to go along with the Force Awakens one I picked up last weekend.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• without going into to too many spoilers will the fact that I never cared about the Clone Wars cartoon hurt me in the story of
            Spoiler: spoilers 
          Ashoka and the gang? I know she was an apprentice (who I HATED in the CW cartoon)

but will there be revelations that would make more of an impact had I watched the CW cartoon?

Comment

without going into to too many spoilers will the fact that I never cared about the Clone Wars cartoon hurt me in the story of
              Spoiler: spoilers 
            Ashoka and the gang? I know she was an apprentice (who I HATED in the CW cartoon)

but will there be revelations that would make more of an impact had I watched the CW cartoon?
            Ahsoka became a very big part of TCW and had a fairly important story line in season 5 that does roll over into Rebels. I can tell you if you want to know.

Comment

• If that story line isn't referenced directly in Rebels, then yeah, lay it on me.

Comment

If that story line isn't referenced directly in Rebels, then yeah, lay it on me.

It's referenced...especially in the finale when she has her Luke in Cloud City moment. Basically, this season is her coming to terms with the fact that Anakin is gone.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• She knows he's Anakin right? Like right in the beginning and that was all misdirection?

Comment

She knows he's Anakin right? Like right in the beginning and that was all misdirection?

Ahsoka senses in the Force that it's Anakin and wants to turn him back. But, she realizes that it's not going to happen.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• ugh, I hope that's not a big part of this season.

Comment

ugh, I hope that's not a big part of this season.

It started last season and it's background material for Ahsoka this year.

If you've seen the Season 3 preview trailers, you'll get a better sense of what powers the last half of Season 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                          It started last season and it's background material for Ahsoka this year.

If you've seen the Season 3 preview trailers, you'll get a better sense of what powers the last half of Season 2.
                          If by start you mean one scene, sure. And I have not watched the S3 stuff because I haven't watched S2 yet. Only 2 eps in.

Comment

If by start you mean one scene, sure. And I have not watched the S3 stuff because I haven't watched S2 yet. Only 2 eps in.

Well, you've got a ton of shit to take in this year. Don't get hung up on one or two things.

Comment

• Also, Ahsoka left the Jedi after she was framed for some shit. The Jedi thought she was guilty, and once they realized she wasn't, she was done. She left the Jedi Order and bailed on Anakin (and doesn't "sense" him again until Vader showed up in Rebels). Thus why her sabers have no color and it explains how she survived Order 66.

Comment

• Making the Jedi dicks is one of the worst things Lucas did.

Comment

Working...
                                X