Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post

MY BODY IS READY FOR THIS TO NEVER HAPPEN
    It only took Fear Itself and Immonen committing to Bendis' X-Men vanity project to make it happen.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• So how do you think they'll magically status quo it all back together now that Cyke is Ultra Mega Darkhawk Dark Daken Phoenix?

My greenbacks are on Hulk Punches™.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
        It only took Fear Itself and Immonen committing to Bendis' X-Men vanity project to make it happen.
        Forgive me for being clueless, but what is this H.A.T.E. of which ye speak?

Also, to answer Captain Russ, Manliest Man Who Ever Manned, my money's on Doctor Strange, Scarlet Witch, or the Cosmic Cube setting things to default.

Comment

• Turns out it was a goof by someone on the innernet and this has ruined mah day. H.A.T.E. alludes to it as being a relaunch of the funniest cape book of modern times, NextWAVE: Agents of H.A.T.E.

They also shopped "!ATOMIK" on another teaser, which of course we all know is the trigger word/mantra/SHAZAM of Miracleman/Marvelman in reverse.

I feel like someone just pooped in my cereal. And it was the last of the Boo Berry, you asshole!
          Last edited by Captain Russ; 09-14-2012, 06:33 PM.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

So how do you think they'll magically status quo it all back together now that Cyke is Ultra Mega Darkhawk Dark Daken Phoenix?

My greenbacks are on Hulk Punchesâ„¢.

Sucks about the Nextwave fake-out.

What kills me about where they took Cyclops is that it cheapens the promise of where the event was heading.

It's like Civil War II all over again. Great setup and the shittiest possible ending.

From what I've seen, the X folk and Avengers take him out. They are forced to team up as some sort of compromise. In terms of taking him out, who knows?
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Thankfully, I've been delving into other stuff so as to not be too wrapped up in events this summer. I read the first couple of AvX issues and was put off by the execution of it. I read #11 out of morbid curiousity and enjoyed small moments in Steve's mountaintop talk with Big Green and the weird sort of expository argument between Cyke and Frost before all hell broke loose.

Not Coipel's best (fave still has to be his first big job on the return of Thor years back), but he's still lightyears ahead of most big book pencilers.

And hey! Punk Rock Jesus #3, 2000AD prog 1800 (DREDD!) and Volume 2 of Stumptown's out! Oh yeahhhhhh

Maybe I'll finally crack the spine on Rachel Rising too.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

Thankfully, I've been delving into other stuff so as to not be too wrapped up in events this summer. I read the first couple of AvX issues and was put off by the execution of it. I read #11 out of morbid curiousity and enjoyed small moments in Steve's mountaintop talk with Big Green and the weird sort of expository argument between Cyke and Frost before all hell broke loose.

Not Coipel's best (fave still has to be his first big job on the return of Thor years back), but he's still lightyears ahead of most big book pencilers.

And hey! Punk Rock Jesus #3, 2000AD prog 1800 (DREDD!) and Volume 2 of Stumptown's out! Oh yeahhhhhh

Maybe I'll finally crack the spine on Rachel Rising too.

So, 90% of what I said was going to happen back in May has now happened.

Now, I fully buy into the theory that Marvel is trying to sink the worth of the FOX controlled properties to get the characters back.

Comment

• Read through the first week of Post AvX books. I love that Remender wants to ape Morrison so hard, but Aaron does a better job at it.

That being said, fuck the last panel of Wolverine and the X-Men. That is one of the best characters Marvel has created in the last decade.

Comment

• Court shot down Shuster estate's attempt to weasel outta their 1992 agreement. So its basically a situation where Time Warner and Siegels will continue to fight in courts and/or reach a settlement and be done with it.
                    Originally posted by Ari
                    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                      Court shot down Shuster estate's attempt to weasel outta their 1992 agreement. So its basically a situation where Time Warner and Siegels will continue to fight in courts and/or reach a settlement and be done with it.

The Shusters didn't try to weasel out of shit. While I don't have a dog in this fight, Shuster and Siegel are the victims in this matter regardless of what you might read off of Nikki Finke's asshole.

Comment

• She stole that idea from Adrenalynn.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• What the fuck is this Spider-Man bullshit.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                            What the fuck is this Spider-Man bullshit.

Long story full of spoilers.

Spoiler: and I begin. 

Doctor Octopus found out in Issue 600 that his body is collapsing from the strain of being a super villain. A combination of the tentacle fusion, plus the sheer blunt force trauma of fighting heroes is causing his body to fail. He freaks out and decides to form a plan to leave his mark on the world.

Aunt May gets remarried to J Jonah Jameson's dad and Doc Ock spazzes (he used to have a thing for May in the 70s). So, he begins his plan by launching Octopus nanobots to take over the city and prevent the wedding. Spidey and The Human Torch find out and stop this. Spidey first learns that Ock is dying.

Ock escapes and continues working on these nanobot robots as a bigger plan. But, he needs more time. So, he uses Miles Warren and a few others to spread super powered bed bugs throughout NYC. By infecting them with a little bit of Parker's blood, these parasites will bite others and pass along Spidey powers. This results in Spider Island where Peter now has to deal with millions of New Yorkers that can't control his kind of powers.

Spidey cures these people, by stealing the equipment that Doc Ock designed to control the outbreak. Key point: as Doc Ock later reveals that this is when he began rewriting Spidey's brain.

Doc Ock is now on mobile life support. Think tentacles supporting a giant iron lung. He builds a new Sinister Six, but turns the world against Spidey by stating that he's building a means to save the world. He unveils it and it's a device to stop global warming by absorbing solar radiation. However, he gets outed and then uses it to flash fry key elements of the planet at his whim.

Spidey leads a team to stop him, but Doc Ock learns that Spidey has co-opted some of the Spider Island designs and continues to imprint on his brain. The team stops the Sinister Six and captures Doc Ock. Silver Sable drowns, while Spidey fights to keep Ock from dying.

Cut a few more issues to the current storyline. Spidey gets the final imprint and switch done by the Ock nanobots from the start of this storyline (nearly 100 issues ago). A week passes and everyone at the Slab (Super Prison) starts freaking out because Doc Ock is screaming Peter Parker. Ock is hours away from death and they think it's some last plan.

Spidey arrives and we realize that Ock is saying he's Peter Parker. Ock reveals how he did the switcheroo. Leaves Peter to die in his old body. Ock as Spidey fucks around at his work, fucks the shit out of MJ and gives the Avengers some shit.

Peter freaks and causes the Ock body to trigger an escape plan. He puts together a half ass Sinister Six to free him. This results in Ock and Peter battling it out, but Ock in Spidey form is now unleashing full arachnid rage. He punches the Scorpion's jaw off and freaks a bunch of people out.

That's when Peter in Ock's body decides to use the imprinting against Doc. If Ock is going to have Peter's body, then Ock will get the burden that comes with it. Knowing that he's out of time, Peter uploads the guilt, grief, responsibility and crippling angst that comes with being him into Ock.

Ock nearly collapses from the strain, as he now can't remember being a bad guy. Doc Ock's body dies, as Peter seemingly vanishes. That's when we see inside of Peter Ock's head.

Peter managed to rewrite his past in Ock's head to show that Ock was taken care of by May and Ben. He used his last bit of energy to take away Ock's anger and make him be responsible for his new identity.

Rather than beating him up once more, Peter realized that you can only beat Ock by taking away his reason to fight. Ock in his new body still has his classic ego, but he can't act out on it without feeling the guilt and responsibility that comes with being Spider-Man.

So, he decides to become a new superior Spider-Man. Using Omega level intellect and these new powers to improve himself and the world.

Comment

• OMFG. Has it really come to THAT?
                              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Yes, Iggy. Yes it has. After my buddy let me read his copy at his store, he gave me this sad look, shook his head, then pointed me to the latest Savage Sword of Conan collection. Bought that sucker immediately.

Thinking of checking out some of the Invincible collections. Any reviews?

Comment

Working...
                                X