Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
    You didn't?
    I used to use jars of slime from the Master's Slime Pit.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Yesssss
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
        I always wanted to own My Pet Monster. But alas, being poor sucked.
        Was that the pickle-nosed troll dude?

Shit was so cash...
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

For me, it was all about Micronauts, baby!

My all time favorite toy:

Had me these guys, too:

Comment

I had a Mego Spidey & a Hulk. They both broke. I miss them.

Never had any Micronauts.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
              For me, it was all about Micronauts, baby!

Had me these guys, too:
              Man, those are some gay looking dudes right there. Especially Denim Dan.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Yeah, but Denim Dan has epic wood, so there's that.

Comment

From the left we have Big Jack, Dr. Steel, Chief Tankua/Warpath, Big Josh (aka Denim Dan) and Big Jeff. They started out as just these guys, y'know? They'd wear sports gear, karate outfits, go camping, do rescue stuff, etc. As you do, being a 70's guy. Plus, they were all multi-cultural and shit!

Then they became spies, via the P.A.C.K.

Comment

Apart from a Spider-Man boxset, never bothered with those lines.... by then (the hunt was losing its appeal).
                    I think I still have a Toyfare issue from about '98 or '99 with a column by Seth Green all about the joys and frustrations of "the hunt." I was well aware of the process myself by then, being an avid Star Wars consumer (The Power of the Force range was the stuff of my pre-teen dreams.) However, it never occurred to me that others were doing the same, so insular was I in my pursuit of that elusive Sandtrooper. Let alone people I loved. It was obvious from the tone of the column he wasn't a poseur. Stuff like that still makes me think very fondly of him, even though I never really got into Robot Chicken.

(cracks knuckles)

Armies of loose 80's GI Joes (some of which I sold him), vintage Transformers (again, me, you're welcome).
                    WANT!
                    "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Oh, if I only knew you then, Bobby - I'd have sent them to ya in a heartbeat.

Yeah, the hunt for new figures to complete collections was starting to drag me down. Also, I look at the sheer amount of stuff I had and realized none of 'em was doing me any good. I was getting anal about scales - are the figures the correct size when standing next to each other? Shit like that. The enjoyment was gone, so I started whittling down my stuff. Donated a huge chunk of it - Toys for Tots Marines shit themselves sideways when they see boxes of action figures from me come Christmastime.

This summer - the rest of the stuff I want to get rid of is going on eBay or the local flea market. The rest is bound for some poor kid's Christmas via Toys For Tots. The Megos are staying with me, though. Those I'm keeping, especially when those zombie kits arrive (gotta work on my entry for the BDR Zombie Parade).

Comment

• I appreciate that, mate! The only bad thing about getting into Transformers as I did at that time was the difficulty in finding them. Everyone else didn't give a monkeys because it wasn't the hot thing anymore. They were all into Power Rangers and what not (which I could've cared less about, even with the pink girl one we all liked at the time.)

So my friends and I who were into the good stuff like Star Wars, Transformers, and G.I. JOE - or "Action Force" as it was known then on these shores - made do with hand-me-downs or anything we could find for sale in adverts, etc. I suppose that's what got me started on The Hunt to begin with; having to really work for those elusive rare/fringe characters or vehicles. All that hunting made the new lines like the Power of the Force Kenner figures even sweeter for us when they started to hit.
                        "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                        X