Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True, the shows are vapid and pointless, but I have to feel some compassion that the guy took himself out. You don't have to like the shows to have some sympathy.
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lisa View Post
      True, the shows are vapid and pointless, but I have to feel some compassion that the guy took himself out. You don't have to like the shows to have some sympathy.
      In this case, the asshole left his daughter holding the bag.

Fuck him twice.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• That's true, too. Something like that, there's a few different ways of seeing it, I guess.
        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lisa View Post
          Hey Howard - wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the Real Housewives thread (seems more of a chance you'd see it here), but Taylor Armstrong's (RHofBH) husband committed suicide:

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/20...or_commit.html
          Yeah, I caught that newsbit on the book of face. Ugh. I have to wonder if being in the spotlight was a contributing factor? I think it definitely affected the marriage. Plus being in the spotlight (especially for that type of show) had to increased his financial worries (having to present a better than your average BH lifestyle). Cynical of me, but I have to also wonder whether it was the wife who put those pressures on him (with wanting to be on the show). Horrible for the daughter too. Course she is already going to have a skewed world-sense with the kind of attention she already gets.
          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
          - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
            Yeah, I caught that newsbit on the book of face. Ugh. I have to wonder if being in the spotlight was a contributing factor? I think it definitely affected the marriage. Plus being in the spotlight (especially for that type of show) had to increased his financial worries (having to present a better than your average BH lifestyle). Cynical of me, but I have to also wonder whether it was the wife who put those pressures on him (with wanting to be on the show). Horrible for the daughter too. Course she is already going to have a skewed world-sense with the kind of attention she already gets.
            I think he was in deep shit financially - I read that they were renting that big house because his credit was shot. Then having to hang around with real money like Adrienne & Paul and Lisa & Ken, plus whatever issues he and Taylor were having (that lady's a big bag of issues all on her own!). I agree with you, it wouldn't surprise me if all that were contributing factors. Not that it's any excuse, not that it isn't a shitty thing to do to his kid, but it's more understandable. I'm actually pretty surprised that someone never snapped before this, with the way these people feel they have to put on a super rich front when they really don't have the money, a la the Guidices of NJ (not that anyone forces them to go on these shows - I'm just saying). In fact, pretty much at the other forums I've seen, most of the posters were surprised it was Russell and not Joe Guidice when they read the headline "Real Housewives' Husband Commits Suicide".
            Last edited by Lisa; 08-16-2011, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• If only the entire cast of 'Jersey Shore' would do the same thing... all would be right in the world.

Comment

• It'd definitely be a fine start to a new day.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Loriot is dead.

I don´t know if you guys are even familiar with this name, but he has been a household name in Germany for more than two decades. A true titan of sublime humor (Yes, that does exist in Germany!). Truly a loss second to none.

I´ll watch his sketches this evening in honor of him. Hilarious stuff.

Comment

• Nick Ashford from Ashford and Simpson died too.

Comment

• Cliff Robertson
                      Originally posted by Ari
                      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Tobey Maguire's arrogance killed him.
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Cuervo Jones won afterall.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Already thought he was dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari
                              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Wrong as that was, I repped him for that. . .
                                I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

Working...
                                X