Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really?

They usually never drop the ball like that. You had best send them a strongly worded email to express your disappoint.

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
      I made homemade poutine.

Except I used a highly peppered gravy instead of brown... which as you know is just brown and water. And I used cheese curds that had herbs in them. Because Wegman's is gay for not having plain ones.

Sofa king good...
      Don't diss a proper brown gravy. And I sometimes also make a poutine with pepper sauce. But the curds? Damn....

Ever had a real Quebec poutine (fuck the rest of Canada, they suck at it)? I know of one place in NY that's close to making it, but fails due to improper cheese curds.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Also, we made the beans from homesick texan. Great stuff.

Comment

• Fuckin' lulz. There were two recipes on the site. We should have used the "sweet" version.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
            Don't diss a proper brown gravy. And I sometimes also make a poutine with pepper sauce. But the curds? Damn....

Ever had a real Quebec poutine (fuck the rest of Canada, they suck at it)? I know of one place in NY that's close to making it, but fails due to improper cheese curds.
            I only had them once. Some friends and I drove to Montreal back in '99 from Ft. Drum to have a weekend. I ate a large order and could not function for several hours.

Do any stores in Canada do internetz cheeze curd orders?

Comment

• Good question. I'll check it out.

Comment

• That's the issue I've had with making poutine at home, finding proper curds.

Comment

• The sauce is also mightly important. Less than the curds, but still...

Comment

• That's easy, I've ordered it from Canadian shops online.

Comment

• Where? I'm barely able to find deent one here. I'll try to find a good sauce for you guys from Quebec, along with the cheese.

Comment

• WE HAVE BETTER CHEESE HERE IN WISCONSIN.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Can't find curds to order...

but I did find THIS!

Comment

• Last night I whipped up some turkey burgers. We used our NINJA (awesome, love it) to mince some garlic cloves. Added those to the meat along with some red pepper flakes, cayenne, and smoked paprika. Shit was tasty.

Comment

• Ninja?
                              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• For the cheese, a friend told me it's a decent replacement from Wisconsin. I suppose it's the white curds...

I'll check for the sauce....

Comment

Working...
                                X