Harry Potter Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry Potter Series

Can someone explain to me why I should love these movies? I really enjoyed the 1st and 3rd one, but I found the rest to be very boring. Am I too old? Should I have read the books first? Am I just a moron? Anyone here love these movies?
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

I don't know if I love them, but some parts are pretty cool. My girlfriend is a nut for the books. Has very definate opinions about the films.
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

I have a feeling I'd love these more than Star Wars if I was the right age, but to me every movie is structurally the same: Harry has a problem, a new teacher joins up, the new teacher is a bad guy or possibly a good guy who they want you to think is bad, Voldemort may show up, fight scene, rinse, repeat. I know I'm totally oversimplifying it, but Lesley and I watched the first 4 in a row, and minus some better SFX, they all sorta melded into each other.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Yeah, there seems to be a formula the movies follow. Haven't seen the last one yet.

Comment

They are visually pleasing...other than that they're meh. I have only sat through a few of them for my kids sake. It's a little better than showing them Rambo all the time.
          Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Ok, here is the deal with Potter: They are decent films. Sarah loves them to death, but I really didn't care for the first 2. Not until the 3rd did I start investing myself in the story. The 4th was ok, and the 5th felt a little rushed, but it had one helluva final battle. Now that Voldemort is a main part, the films have become much more satisfying. And I have no clue where the story is going to go from here. I do like the new teaser alot, as it gives a nice backstory to Voldemort, a history to the character.

I'm not a huge fan, but right now, decent fantasy films are not all that common.
            Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
            John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

wordd

Comment

I just hate fantasy films for the most part. At least ones that seem so generic.

Comment

fantasy in general seems generic to me...they need more unicorns and goblin IMO...after LOTR, nothing is going to compare.

Comment

What about Dragonslayer?

Comment

Dragonslayer would suck hard core if it wasn't for the bad ass SFX with the puppet that Phil Tippet and Dennis Muren came up with for the dragon.

Comment

Wow. Harsh.

Comment

The best fantasy film I've seen in ages is Hellboy 2. Goblins, fairies, elementals, robots, spirits, and much more fantastical greatness.
                          Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                          John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Worddd....I was classifying that as a comic book movie, but it does have some great fantasy elements.

Comment

See I guess when I hear Fantasy film I think of dragons, and knights, and wizards and shit. As for Dragonslayer, I dunno Nate, maybe it's just because I didn't see it as a kid, but I was pretty bored throughout. But the dragon is pretty fucking dope in it.

Comment

Working...
                              X