Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tmnt

from io9:

Be still my action-figure-loving heart: Could there possibly be another Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles live-action movie in the works? Judging from the frenzy over the new TMNT toys at New York Comic Con, I'm not the only one excited to see the turtles the way they were meant to be seen. Click through for more details.
    The TMNT CG cartoon movie came out in 2007 and apparently sales were good. So good that the producers released this statement: "Following the success of the ‘TMNT’ theatrical release in 2007, Mirage licensing and Imagi studios have begun work on a new live-action TMNT film for 2010. It’s the turtles like you’ve never seen them before! Shellalicious!” Fingers crossed they stick to the man-in-a-turtle-suit idea and don't go all CG Weta crazy. Who needs Beowulf-looking Turtles?
    if they can pull this off like the first tmnt combined with the graphic violence of the old comics, this could be great.
    The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Nah, stick with CG. They're fucking ninjas, for God's sake. You can't pull off awesome ninja moves in a big, clunky suit.

I was really hoping for a cg sequel, this time with Shredder. And who else here would love to see some Krang gooodness?
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Fuck that Ari. I just talked about this in one of the newer podcasts. Use Del Toro's pimpness with suits and enhance them with CG if need be.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

If Del Toro's doing it, sure. But he's not, so I'm not too keen on the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
          Fuck that Ari. I just talked about this in one of the newer podcasts. Use Del Toro's pimpness with suits and enhance them with CG if need be.
          I fail to see how Benicio's ability to wear a tuxedo well will have any bearing on the quality of the film.
          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

That's our Nathan!

Comment

I am strikingly original, compellingly witty, and astoundingly original. Or is that masturbatory? Whichever.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                Use Nathan's pimpness with suits and enhance them with CG if need be.
                Well there you go, you sexy stud you.

Comment

I do cut a rather imposing figure in my Canadian Tuxedo.

Comment

Still, the original Henson suits from the first one still hold up for the most part today. And I hated the CG movie, only lasted like 15-20 mins before we turned it off.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I didn't hate the CG movie at all. I thought the story line sucked balls, but I loved the look of the turtles.

Comment

del toro, nolan, or raimi. those would be my picks.
                        The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
                          I didn't hate the CG movie at all. I thought the story line sucked balls, but I loved the look of the turtles.
                          That's why I hated it. Stupid fucking story. The designs couldn't make up for that. But I still <3 the first one.

Comment

No way would Nolan do TMNT. Raimi wouldn't do another superhero franchise. Del Toro could, but his plate looks rather full for the next few years with the H.P Lovecraft flick, HB3 etc.

Comment

Plus Nolan can't film a fight to save his life.

Comment

Working...
                              X