First Blood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Blood

A good movie? Or one of the best movies ever made? I'm leaning towards the latter. Getting this on blu-ray tonight I believe thanks to Netflix and I cannot wait to re-watch it.

Brian Dennehy and David Caruso getting their asses kicked: Check
    Sly Stone having Vietnam flashbacks: Check
    Sly Stone getting de-loused and having flashbacks: Check
    Bad Ass Richard Crenna: Check

Much love for this flick.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Re: First Blood

I showed it to my kids two weeks before the new one came out...they are now die hard Rambo fans. Although Sly has maybe 15 lines in the whole movie, his acting at the end kicks ass. You really feel the emotion. Best kill in the movie....Rambo throws a rock at the helicopter which causes it to rock, and the deputy that was shooting at him falls out and plunges to his death on the rocks below. Classic, they don't make shit like that anymore.
    Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

This is honestly my favorite Rambo flick. Well I haven't seen the new one yet, but this one is just so badass I don't think the new one can beat it. I would have liked it if they would have kept the original ending though. But I totally agree with the acting at the end. Sly is a pimp.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

You need to see the new one. NOW!
        Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
        John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Immediately see the new one, I saw it twice kinda...First time I took my 6 yr old and 3 yr old and had to walk out about 40 mins into the movie because it's ultra violent and kick ass....SEE THE NEW RAMBO, plus the ending does the franchise justice.

Comment

taking small children should be worth a couple coolness points...right?

Comment

Working...
            X