No announcement yet.

XBOX One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's pretty swank even though I have no idea what I'm doing because Metro is fucking BALLS. I'm used to a game ending when you go back to the dashboard but unless you actually switch games it basically stays paused in the background. I didn't try any of the Snap stuff but I think it'll be pretty neat based on how fast everything moves.

Scanning a QR code is so much nicer than inputting a 25 digit code. I hope that becomes standard, even with Amazon preorder bonus emails. The controller feels nice. I love the new grips on the sticks. The system itself looks nice too but it's HUGE.

I played a little bit of the BF4 campaign and it's a lot of fun with some impressive graphics. I don't know why they aren't trumpeting that fuckin' OMAR stars in the game. Need for Speed Rivals is okay. I'm used to GTA driving right now so I'm pretty terrible. And I'm not sure I'll like the always-online thing since they're not using dedicated servers. Getting a "migrating host" message in the middle of an event sucks because when you come back you aren't moving at all but still in the event.

And I can confirm it's still fucking awesome to hear C-C-C-COMBO BREAKERRRRRR.

Comment

• Once you start pinning to your home screen the interface is great. I dig it. The kinect is magic. It's not perfect, but holy fuck. The QR codes are amazing. The fact I had six people here, and the kinect remembered their face and as soon as someone held a controller it changed to their profile was fucking magic. We were passing around during KI and your name popped up and you got your achievements and such.

The rumble in the bumpers is really cool. In NBA2K14 you feel the ball in just the side you dribble on. You feel the ground change in Forza. Awesome stuff.

Installing Dead rising right now. Forza is great and godamn beautiful. KI looks great, and plays better. Our thumbs were hurting from playing it so much. Must adjust my body to that again. Still need to install BF4, Ghosts, and Rivals.

I look forward to more functionality from snap. Right now videos compress and look bad when snapped. You can't snap YouTube, probably for that reason. Twitch seems weird, not letting me find the Giant Bomb channel so I can snap it and watch while I game.

Going to try tv tomorrow. I wanna game while I watch basketball.

Comment

• Another fun feature of the voice commands- my wife coming into the room in the middle of a BF4 match to yell "Xbox off, yes!" Neat. :-/

Comment

• That shit sucks. Too bad they can't voice match.

Comment

• Oh man, I'm seriously rethinking buying one if my wife/kids can just shut it off like that. My 2 year old loves to torment me.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• But then I see this.........

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OEAJe5MIGas" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NEEED!!!
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Xbone definitely not immune to the buggy ass BF4. Sound would just stop. Deployment map wouldn't show sometimes. Won't always spot guys you try to tag. Lot of hitching up. Sounds like same as PS4 and PC problems.

Comment

• Hooked up the tv stuff. It's slick as hell. Took about 3 minutes, including changing the HDMI cables around. You tell it go to tv, it does a quick set up to ID your tv and your cable box. Then you can set favorites and all that via the xbox menu. There's a certain number of preset voice commands, like xbox go to hbo or espn, but if you set up for favorites it seems like it recognizes those channels as voice commands after that. Maybe to keep you from saying the wrong channel?

But you don't even need to use the xbox menu. I just picked up my cable remote and used my favorites and DVR. It's cool to walk in and say xbox on, and it automatically turns on your tv. I can see me using the snap feature a lot, but I wish you could overlay it in a corner, not just snap to the side of the screen. Plenty of games where I wouldn't look at the top right corner, or wherever.

Comment

• Killer Instinct, man. So good. The satisfaction of just stomping a guy into a 15-20 hit combo? Yes. And how the camera zooms out and the music breaks down in time with an Ultra? Awesome.

Comment

• Beat the Ghosts campaign. It was fun, of course, and actually had a really cool ending setting up the next Ghosts game.

Playing a lot of DR3, and really loving it so far. There are timed missions for the side quests, but otherwise I haven't noticed it any.

BF4 Obliteration mode is amazing. Parachuting in and bring death from above is greatness.

Messed with TV more. Voice commands work perfect for me, except for "Xbox pause." For some reason it thinks everything is telling the game to unpause. Opening the fridge, getting water, letting the dog out, getting laundry from the dryer. I will just hear gunshots or zombies and run in screaming XBOX PAUSE YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE. And it does. Really weird, because all the other commands are great. I love changing channels with voice commands. I'm kicked back on the couch with my laptop and instead of reaching for the remote I just say "Xbox watch FOX" and boom, straight to the football game. I was skeptical of the comments on voice not working because so many people review units in weird places. Jeff's video on Giant Bomb had him talking kind of shitty to the Xbox, so of course it didn't work much. You still have to talk kind of pronounced, but I think that's a good thing. I don't want it thinking regular conversation is for it.
                      Last edited by BillyG; 11-24-2013, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• I still haven't figured out where game clips are saved. I see them in my feed and notification area in the top left but I assume there's another spot that collects just the game clips. Do I need to use the Xbox video app?

Comment

• I believe in your Skydrive app.

Comment

• Wow, it's like microsoft actively wants to lose this round....
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• 95% of all people I've played in multiplayer should be banned based on what that article is saying.

Comment

• it's only with the upload studio, or you'd be right.
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X