No announcement yet.

The Office: Season whatever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really? Even with all the terrible shit he's said and done to just about everyone in the office (and people outside the office, for that matter)? Sure, a lot of it comes from his desperate need to be loved but that's not much of an excuse.

Comment

Michael was always there when anyone needed moral support, help, etc.

When Jim was against the world trying to get Pam, he was the one who told him it was worth fighting for. The countless times he supported Pam (He was the first to show up for her art exhibit and backed her as a salesperson), Ryan (after all the crap he'd caused Dunder-Mifflin and his life hit rock-bottom), Andy (as we just saw in his finale), etc. Even with his hatred of Toby, notice he was surprisingly nice and cordial towards him during the "Bring your kids to work" day episode and even formed an immediate bond with his little girl.

As crazy as she was, Jan put it perfectly back when he was in debt and scared outta his mind (the episode Money from season four, to be exact):

"You. were. there for me. By my side. Without even a thought. That's just who you are. No matter how badly I treat you or what I'm going through you are there for me. And that is a guy worth staying beside."

No doubt, he was a buffoon, an idiot at times and rarely lacked the ability to think before he spoke. But at his core, he was a good guy with a big heart, who just wanted to be everyone's buddy (as ill-guided as it was at times), had an honest-to-God killer instinct to sale and always loyal to his friends/co-workers. And that's why he deserved the happy ending they gave him with Holly.
      Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 04-29-2011, 08:56 PM.
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Love the way the had Ferrell leave. That ending was great. Also lulz to Jim cracking up right at the very end.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Biggest waste of time for a season finale.

That said, pick Spader for fuck's sake.
          Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Spader's shooting Lincoln.

NBC is trying to fight leaks that Catherine Tate is the new boss. But, they have drawn up papers for her.

The problem is that she's way too British for it to work. She stuck out like a sore thumb last night.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Was a fan of Carrey as the "Finger Lakes" guy. Spader was great. Darrell and his daughter killed me especially Jim's look.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
                The problem is that she's way too British for it to work. She stuck out like a sore thumb last night.
                Yeah...she did. I always give the benefit of the doubt. But I'd say she was arguably the worst of the newbies last night. Besides that Carrey cameo (Talk about cock-teasing viewers with all that press, promos, etc. showing him off and...that was literally it).
                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Fucking love James Spader. The planking stuff did make me laugh, especially this

Also, WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING

Comment

I have to catch it online - I missed it!
                    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa View Post
                      I have to catch it online - I missed it!
                      Really didn't like it outside of Spader and the "WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!" bit. Well...Pam was also beyond adorable too.
                      Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Seriously. Zero need of bullshitting everyone. Helms got the promotion b/c he has the biggest film career.
                        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

It works for me. I dug the premier. I've always liked Andy as a character.

Comment

I know it's the opener from last season, but I could just watch this over and over - it just never fails to cheer me up. My favorite part is Oscar dragging Erin from behind to try and make it look like she's rollerskating backwards!
                            Last edited by Lisa; 10-11-2011, 07:20 PM.
                            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

So, George and I have been giving the new Michael-less "The Office" a fairly good chance, we haven't missed any new episodes. And it's been in a range from okay to not really funny.

Then yesterday, we did a Season 3 marathon (which, IMHO, is the best season), and that really just drove it home. This show just sucks without Michael. We hadn't watched the really really good episodes in a long time, and this just reminded us about what a great character he was. The show just pretty much is in suck mode without him.

Comment

I disagree. Robert California is fucking amazing. Plus Michael turned into a caricature of himself by season 4.

Comment

Working...
                                X