No announcement yet.

Braindead Radio Episode 20: The Roosevelt Conundrum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well no shit. I'm not the fucktards who bitch and moan about the remakes not BEING LIKE THE ORIGINALS. I have the originals on DVD. All I want is for them to try something new and for me to be entertained.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I still enjoy both Texas and F13 remakes. They are flawed, but I still dig them.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

But the problem with the NOES reboot is that it read just like the original. The only difference was the ending.
        The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

And the problem with the original is that it's not even the best one in the series.

Comment

Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
            But the problem with the NOES reboot is that it read just like the original. The only difference was the ending.

And, this could be a bunch of BS, according to the writers the script that most of us had read was a pretty old version.

Comment

It makes me sad about the future of the 13 franchise. I wanted to see THAT Jason again.

I'm still incredibly skeptical about the Nightmare one. Hope it's good, but all signs point to Mr. Derp territory.

ETA: The first NOES still has the best kill. Ever.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
                It makes me sad about the future of the 13 franchise. I wanted to see THAT Jason again.

I'm still incredibly skeptical about the Nightmare one. Hope it's good, but all signs point to Mr. Derp territory.

Agreed on both counts. Hence why we're checking out a matinee. That way I can either bitch and moan about it or fellate it on the next podcast since I know Ceej won't bother seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
                  ETA: The first NOES still has the best kill. Ever.
                  Kill for kill, I actually prefer NOES 3. Pretty good kills in that one (let's get high, the gamemaster, the tv, etc.).
                  We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                  - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Blood volcano beats everything.

Except Breckin Meyer. His NES-dad beats him.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
                      Kill for kill, I actually prefer NOES 3. Pretty good kills in that one (let's get high, the gamemaster, the tv, etc.).

THAT.

But the Depp kill in the first one is pretty fucking amazing.

Comment

Undoubtedly (in regards to Depp Blood Volcano). Matter of fact, that was when I got rid of my waterbed.

Still, 3 was when the kills became more visceral commentaries on society. They will always rule in my book (with the exception of the aforementioned Deep Blood Volcano).
                        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

Yep. I just hope this does some decent numbers so we may get a fucking sequel. Also, give it to Chris Cunningham. That would be AMAZING.

Comment

...the 13 remake did solid numbers...

Me quick one want slow

Comment

Nerdious I swear I will fucking reach through the internet and murder you if you say one more word about the NOES remake! That was almost a spoiler you bastard! SPOILER!!!

Also, I had a great time watching Kick-Ass. Enjoyed its version of "reality" much more than Watchmen's wire-fu, slo-mo, plastic armor, and no one aging noticably over the course of like 4 decades bullshit.

Comment

Thinking Randall needs to take a hit from the pipe.

Comment

Working...
                                X