Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to the local awesome burger place for lunch today and didn't eat like a disgusting pig. It's almost like I'm a grown up!

If you want to try a mass market version of one of their burgers, hit up Red Robin for the Big Sky Burger. The local shop won this national burger bash thing earlier in the year and one of the prizes was Red Robin carrying the burger.

Comment

• made some slow cooker chili last night. Was going for the "I won't make this spicy at all for Lesley" taste, instead ended up with "OH MY GOD THIS IS SO SPICY".

I apparently cannot make bland food.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Lesley made her awesome baked mac and cheese and we gorged on that and beer and Die Hard. A nice little Sunday.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Yippee kai yay, motherfucker.
          I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            Lesley made her awesome baked mac and cheese and we gorged on that and beer and Die Hard. A nice little Sunday.
            RE - CI - PE!! NOW
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Got this craving for a sandwich. Went and got a loaf of brioche, sharp provolone, and roast beef. Sauteed some onions, then put the sandwich together and dump it in the skillet with butter. Delicious.

Comment

• Made my first homemade pizza tonight. It was pretty damn good. The dough didn't roll out as well as I had hoped, but still turned out ok. Put a bit of olive oil on the dough, bunch of blended cheese (parm, moz, aziago), had some chicken thighs in the crock pot seasoned with salt, pepper, and basil. Diced up red bell pepper and onion and put those on there, then a ton of crushed red pepper. Turned out good!

Comment

• Was the dough maybe too cold or did you not let it raise long enough? That seems to be our problem when it won't roll out nicely.

Comment

• I think it was too cold. It said to thaw it in the fridge, then sit it out for an hour before making the pizza. I let it sit out just a little over an hour, but it doesn't seem like it was long enough. Thinking I will make another on Wednesday, but leave the dough out for like 2 hours.

Comment

• That will help. If it rises too much just punch it down a little before your roll it to get the air out.

Comment

• can't wait for tonight

Comment

• oh gawd last night's pulled pork sammichs were fucking HEAVEN. Gonna be amazing again tonight. So goddamn gooooooooooooood

Comment

• You put any cheese on those things or what? Coleslaw? Break it down for us, Dogg. And save me a spot at the table because I'll be over shortly.

Comment

• BLASPHEMY INCOMING:

pork gets pulled, buns get buttered and put under broiler to toast, take buns out, pile pork on buns, top with pepper jack cheese, put back under broiler to melt cheese, take sammichs out, top with some awesome broccoli slaw we make (package of broccoli slaw mixed with a dressing made of oil, dijon mustard, honey, salt and pepper), then topped with onions and a dash of bbq sauce.

SOOOOO GOOOOOOD

That roast took about 9.5 hours to make and we have enough pork for the next 3 days.

Comment

• Oh shit, what is up. I prefer regular slaw to broccoslaw but I'll take one of those.

Comment

Working...
                                X