Top 10 of 2013 (final)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
    Nobody has mentioned Metallica being in the top 20. Is it really that good?

It's so easy to hate, but it's the best concert film since The Song Remains the Same.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      I'm still confused how Man of Steel and Movie 43 can be on the same list that isn't called "The List of Names of Movies".

I could carry on and on about how Man of Steel is an ugly, dumb movie that is so natively aggressive and ignorant. But, it won't matter.

You wanted to see Superman punch people and you got it. I wanted something else.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
        Interesting that you liked Inside Llewyn Davis so much and yet get its title and title character wrong.

And yeah, that worst list is some god-awful hyperbole. I'm not saying Man of Steel is perfect, but the first 20 minutes is about as stunning as the tent-pole pictures got this year (the Hong Kong sequence in Pacific Rim excluded) and yet Star Trek doesn't get a mention on the same list?

There's a ton of movies that didn't make either list because I was so fucking apathetic to them.

12 Years a Slave
        Star Trek into Darkness
        The Butler
        Kick Ass 2

They weren't bad, but they weren't great. They just kind of happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Anderson View Post
          re: Metallica: It's so easy to hate, but it's the best concert film since The Song Remains the Same.
          It was the best time I had at the movies this year.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
            It was the best time I had at the movies this year.
            I just loved that they didn't overthink it and they did the best movie for them.

Hell, I liked the One Direction concert doc too. It was a good year for concert docs. That Kevin Hart one wasn't bad either.

Comment

Totally took the piss out of themselves and it was great.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

Many top 10 are coming in theaters daily but now Fifty Shades Of Grey is one for which fans are excitedly waiting to see in 2015

Comment

This thread should be re-named "Anderson wishes it was 1952 and Superman was head of the klan instead of punching stuff plus shills"

Comment

Did I hyperbole right?

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                      Did I hyperbole right?
                      That is correct.

Just imagine if Superman was the head of the Klan. We'd have an African American Metallo, Lex Luthor would be a two-faced corporate shill committing some Tuskegee experimentation and Jimmy Olsen would be a brave younger Freedom Rider detailing everything for his inevitable Pulitzer.

I miss Elseworlds stories.

Comment

Superman is the sniper outside the Lorraine Motel.

Comment

Superman is the sniper outside the Lorraine Motel.
                          But, this time...he's clipping Bruce Wayne. Yankee outsider interloping on his vision of pure humanity.

All of this sets the stage for Aquaman to go all biblical with an Atlantean war to wipe away the mistakes of man.

Comment

Wayne Enterprises create the "National Museum for Civil Advancement" and on its inauguration day General Zod comes to cut the ribbon. Zod now looks like Killer Mike. huge fist fight. To fit in the corporate plugs they fight on Beale Street, but there's no local BBQ joints, just Church's Chicken. WB/DC don't see the problem with this.

Comment

Wayne Enterprises create the "National Museum for Civil Advancement" and on its inauguration day General Zod comes to cut the ribbon. Zod now looks like Killer Mike. huge fist fight. To fit in the corporate plugs they fight on Beale Street, but there's no local BBQ joints, just Church's Chicken. WB/DC don't see the problem with this.
                              Zack Snyder directs. As Zod and Superman fights, a dubstep version of Dixie plays as the states of TN and MS are destroyed.

Comment

Georgia lives to lynch another day.

Comment

Working...
                                X